Hi guys, so I currently have a Raven RG60 and have eventually realized that the gain channel sucks for super-heavy styles of metal.

I've been looking at various versions of the Peavey Bandit 112 and so far the demos on youtube sound okay but I want to know how heavy it'll go.

I have passive pickups in my guitar and I'd say, for example, that I like the lead and rhythm sounds from "Nemesis" by Arch Enemy, "Edge of the World" by Axenstar, "The Fire and the Fury" by Firewind or even heavier.

>inb4 get active pickups

I'm simply looking to replace my amp at the moment.
get a used Peavey Vypyr tube 60, they run $250-$300
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I got a Bandit 112 recently and i love it. Before that I was running through a ZoomG5 with it's amp simulations, but I found out that the amp-internal Distortion of the bandit beats the shit out of the digital processing ****.
I myself play a lot metal, and the Bandit handles it very well. You got those 3 Distortion Settings, each one with more distortion. I like to keep it on the "weakest" setting, Distortion cranked all the way up and it sounds fabulous. Very clear, not single pile of mud, everything is very sharp to the point.
Also, the clean channel has a lot of potential, i struggled with Distortion Pedals in front of an amp for a lot time, but with the Bandit and a tube king in front of it it really sounds freakin nice.

So, you've got my recommedation for that thing, but also make sure to check out those Vypyr things, it's a choice of your opinion. I found that the Vypyr's sound too unnatural in my ears, but if you can find your sound in those things, than it's something for you.
I don't like modeling amps and the like. I'm actually also hoping to get a used bandit. What style of bandit is yours and what kind of distortion do you get on the dirtiest setting? (Throw out a song or guitarist or genre to describe, or just describe the tone)

Also when cranked does the Bandit get much noise to it? I get noise on my Raven, albeit that once I'm in a gigging situation the noise isn't even noticeable.
Quote by Omni-Virus
I don't like modeling amps and the like. I'm actually also hoping to get a used bandit. What style of bandit is yours and what kind of distortion do you get on the dirtiest setting? (Throw out a song or guitarist or genre to describe, or just describe the tone)

Also when cranked does the Bandit get much noise to it? I get noise on my Raven, albeit that once I'm in a gigging situation the noise isn't even noticeable.

The Vypyr tube slays the bandit in every way.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Omni-Virus

I know that feel. Modeling amps just sound...not natural enough imho.

I got one from 2009, pretty recent model.

The "dirtiest" setting I get is on the classic setting, dist all pumped up and lots of mids. Pretty nice Mastodon tone out of a Les Paul. Much clearness, haven't thought that with the fact that the distortion is on its limit. But also, with some extra EQ tweaking I c ant get a Metal Bathtub setting, which sounds really nice.

When cranked up on the other Channel Settings you get some noise. you can hear it in pauses, but when you're playing you can hardly hear it.

Also, one really good "feature" is that it actually cleans up when youre lowering the volume on your guitar. Even when I'm full power on distortion.

Have you got the chance to test both of them maybe?