Okay, I saw that guy replying to a 8 year old post about new PRS guitars being really bad. About that, I've been thinking of buying a PRS for a good while now, and I was wondering if the stuff that guy from 8 years ago said about their quality is true and if it is still relevant. Meaning, are the PRS guitars you can find new from stores really much worse than the vintage ones? Would it be wiser to save for a vintage PRS than to save for a new one? Just wondering, since I'd really like to get a Custom 24 someday.
the neck heal was changed in 96/97 other than that I don't think there are any differences besides pickups and the switching method. The quality is top notch.

I have a 2002 CE22 I bought new I have gigged the hell out of it and it has never needed any tech work or set-up since I bought it new. It has been all over the country in a trailer going from extreme heat to cold. The CE used to be the cheapest USA PRS made and is identical to the Custom 22 except the CE has a bolt-thru maple neck.

PRS is probably the very best QC of any major guitar builder today (with the exception of EBMM).

Yes it is possible to not like the feel of them when playing and some don't like some of their pickups. For me it is perfect and my favorite guitar.

Some people just hate because they can't or don't want to afford one. Mine was the cheapest USA model in 2002 and the store wanted $1999.99, I ended up paying $1425 +tax and that was the cheap one.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'd put g&l USA guitars in that category too rob. Probably a couple others too like suhr and Tom Anderson.

Prs has evolved over the years but they made great guitars all along imo.
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 17, 2014,
Okay, the post in question was probably written by someone with a few bad experiences who decided to hate PRS forever. Not that I'm counting out the vintage Custom 24, that would be really sweet, but good to know that the brand new models live up to their rep.
Quote by gregs1020
I'd put g&l USA guitars in that category too rob. Probably a couple others too like suhr and Tom Anderson.

Prs has evolved over the years but they made great guitars all along imo.

Oh those company's are really great, but I don't really consider them "major" brands, that is why I didn't mention them .
I own a G&L ASAT Deluxe and it is a really nice guitar
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I don't really know a lot about G&L instruments, never figured that they're up there with PRS and Suhr. Could check them out.
Yeah G&L are great

If you didn't know G&L was the last company Leo Fender started with George Fullerton. Excellent guitars and very over looked most of the time
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah, most of the time I see a brand with strats or teles I just think "discount fender". I love both types of guitars, and G&L seems to have great models. Knowing that they were started by Leo himself gives them even more credit imo.
PRS guitars are high quality, even their SE Budget line's quality is good. I think the post referred to was started by some punk who played on a piece of crap, thought he was good, then bought a PRS that allowed him to see how poor his playing really was, hence the rant.
Really people have to stop listening to this kind of BS rants and decide for themselves on what's good & what's not so great.
Moving on.....
Quote by guitar/bass95
Yeah, most of the time I see a brand with strats or teles I just think "discount fender". I love both types of guitars, and G&L seems to have great models. Knowing that they were started by Leo himself gives them even more credit imo.

i've had a few prs and the one USA G&L i ordered new would hang with any of them on quality, woods, attention to detail etc.

Rob I get what you mean.
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 18, 2014,
I listen to people on the internet because finland only has something like four brands of guitars for sale that anyone can try. There is no way I could try a PRS myself. And I also have wanted a quality HSS strat for a while, there seems to be some G&L's for sale used here.
^ no worries. yeah if you're in a location where it's hard to get to try stuff, internet research is normally better than nothing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I really love the way a PRS looks and sounds....but I've never found it comfortable to sit or stand and play with it...something bout the body shape and size that never suited me....
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"