Am i the only one who isnt to fond of drop tuning? The furthest i tune my guitars are to Drop- C but even then i dont use it. I use it when im learning songs that are in that tuning but i dont go further. am i the only one? If you enjoy lower tunings then more power to ya im no judging. But was wondering though cause i hate going past C i feel like the strings dont feel right, i think the sound is weird (ill admit i do like the heaviness the bands do with it like OM&M, BMTH ETC)
To go that low you need heavier strings.

But yeah, low tunings work for some stuff (really heavy stuff, extreme metal and drone doom ) but I don't like drop tuned hard rock or classic metal.

I don't think this would sound so awesome if it was played in standard tuning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5BrE1Pi5cU
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
To go that low you need heavier strings.

But yeah, low tunings work for some stuff (really heavy stuff, extreme metal and drone doom ) but I don't like drop tuned hard rock or classic metal.

I don't think this would sound so awesome if it was played in standard tuning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5BrE1Pi5cU

Very cool video. Thanks.
Ya i know that. Haha. I know all tha heavier gauges and some times alter the intonation on the guitar. Im just saying i feel like standard tuning is better. Some cases drop D rare cases half step.
if you don't want to change your tune (with further string change and adjusting), you may also use Whammy's "Droptune" option. it's not the same, but it's pretty useful and could be used in different ways, giving you another tool to make your sound more creative
I normally play in Drop D. Anything below drop C though, I find to be a little obnoxious. If you want to go that low, get an extended range.
I hate it as well. I believe in e standard. I have also tried to play in drop c and I can't seem to make anything sound right unless I want to play a Korn riff. How I play and what I play just doesn't call for drop tuning.

There is one song I wrote that calls for a heavier tone so I drop d but only because it has a lot of opens. I don't enjoy it but I keep a 22 fret ibanez to drop d if I feel like I must.

My other guitar is a Jackson V with a Floyd Rose and it has 24 frets so I can't be bothered to drop d with that guitar anyways. It throws me off switching from 24 frets to 22 frets as well.