Im looking at buying a new guitar and im getting a string thrubody, i see a lot, if not all of them have locking tuners, im very intimidated by these. Im justed used to regular tuners, do these exsist on higher end guitars?
the first time you change strings with locking tuners you'll know why everybody likes them .... string changes are a snap with locking tuners , other wise standard tuners are fine and not much difference between the two ..... on the new guitars I order I get locking tuners on them , its just too easy to change string with locking tuners
I don't bother changing out my tuners, but FF is right- locking tuners DO take a lot of the hassle out of string changes. Definitely a desirable feature.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Theres no reason to be intimidated by locking tuners. All they do is hold your strings.
Quote by jamesdolecek
Im looking at buying a new guitar and im getting a string thrubody, i see a lot, if not all of them have locking tuners, im very intimidated by these. Im justed used to regular tuners, do these exsist on higher end guitars?

Locking tuners make it EASIER to change strings. Why that would be intimidating, I have no clue.
I was under the impression that locking tuners helped to keep the guitar in tune, especially with non-locking tremolo systems.
Quote by columbiar
I was under the impression that locking tuners helped to keep the guitar in tune, especially with non-locking tremolo systems.

your thinking of a Locking Nut ..... with locking tuners , it's still between the nut and trem to stay in tune .... I have quiet a few G&L's with floating trem and no tuning problems at all with standard or locking tuners