Page 1 of 2
Just post your tips here that you learned during your years as a musician!
Have fun^^
Sell out. You make more money.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

the more pedals, the more ladies
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by captainsnazz
Less guitars, more field recordings.

I have to ask, the whole electronic music thing, do you actually like all that shit or is it an ongoing joke ?, what music do you like ?
Quote by lemmyisgod97
I have to ask, the whole electronic music thing, do you actually like all that shit or is it an ongoing joke ?, what music do you like ?

inb4
Quote by lemmyisgod97

he does like it, as far as i know

but holt shit is the joke posting about it played out. i like electronic music and all too but damn
Dear Snazz: EDF > EDM

Other than that, I guess just grow your hair out, never wash or comb it. Wear only black band t-shirts, never wash those either. Do as many drugs as you can, and some that you can't. Stop using your amp's built in distortion and use a $50 pedal for all your tone. Never be in a band that has a bass player. Quit going out and working towards your success - it will come to you. The only thing that really matters is who can play the fastest and loudest.

All women want to sleep with you, regardless of what they say.
Israel is a terrorist state.
Quote by JD Close
Dear Snazz: EDF > EDM

Other than that, I guess just grow your hair out, never wash or comb it. Wear only black band t-shirts, never wash those either. Do as many drugs as you can, and some that you can't. Stop using your amp's built in distortion and use a $50 pedal for all your tone. Never be in a band that has a bass player. Quit going out and working towards your success - it will come to you. The only thing that really matters is who can play the fastest and loudest.

All women want to sleep with you, regardless of what they say.

EDL > EDF > EDM
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by lemmyisgod97

since you asked so nicely

I mostly listen to future garagey things, the more chill side of (uk) dubstep and experimental electronic music (idm and stuff). I also like electroacoustic music and other experimental stuff in that realm.

Also Björk.

Occasionally a bit of pop punk or oceansize or something but it's rare these days.
Quote by Trowzaa
EDL > EDF > EDM

EDS > EDL > EDF > EDM
Israel is a terrorist state.
Quote by captainsnazz

I mostly listen to future garagey things, the more chill side of (uk) dubstep and experimental electronic music (idm and stuff). I also like electroacoustic music and other experimental stuff in that realm.

Also Björk.

Occasionally a bit of pop punk or oceansize or something but it's rare these days.

But ... you look like a metalhead ?
Quote by captainsnazz

Also Björk.

lol, it's nice to see that pretentious c*nts exist within other genres of music too, not just metal.

just joking m8, but still...
Quote by lemmyisgod97
But ... you look like a metalhead ?

Trying not to be insulted by this, but my hair is super clean and pretty and not metal at all.

Allow me to clear this up: my hairstyle choices are completely independent of my taste in music. I first decided I wanted long hair at the age of approximately 7-8 cos I wanted to look like a super saiyan. Now I keep my hair long cos I like how it looks (and cos I'm a super saiyan/norse deity) and there's really nothing more to it than that.
Make a record, just one. Then shoot yourself on the head. You'll be f****** famous.
Quote by JD Close
EDS > EDL > EDF > EDM

PDS > EDS > EDL > EDF > EDM
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by captainsnazz
Trying not to be insulted by this, but my hair is super clean and pretty and not metal at all.

Allow me to clear this up: my hairstyle choices are completely independent of my taste in music. I first decided I wanted long hair at the age of approximately 7-8 cos I wanted to look like a super saiyan. Now I keep my hair long cos I like how it looks (and cos I'm a super saiyan/norse deity) and there's really nothing more to it than that.

Really don't understand why you own all dem guitars then.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Play with as many diverse musicians as you can. You may not want to play some of the stuff but you learn so much.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by losing battle
PDS > EDS > EDL > EDF > EDM

PBS > PDS > EDS > EDL > EDF > EDM
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Practice to improvise, then improvise and then practice to improvise some more.
Don't be afraid to be an asshole. No matter what music it is, most people are not going to like it so you have to have thick enough skin to trust yourself and bandmates to give and take critism. Go ahead, ravage the bassist's self esteem, if he can't handle it, he can't handle it. But at the same time, you have to be able to take it yourself.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by captainsnazz
Now I keep my hair long cos I like how it looks (and cos I'm a super saiyan/norse deity) and there's really nothing more to it than that.

sounds metal 2 me
Check out my band Disturbed
Government cheese, be thankful/disappointed that it ain't around anymore.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
always ask yourself: what would Rocky Mountain Tim do?

that guy was a legend

Quote by eGraham
PBS > PDS > EDS > EDL > EDF > EDM

PMS > PBS > PDS > EDS > EDL > EDF > EDM
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Fun tip for musicians: use instruments to make music
Another one: use microphones to amplify your voice
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Always make sure your guitar is tuned lower than the other bands in your area. If that means you're tuning to Drop E, then you're not tuned low enough.

Edit:
Also, fire your bass player. You don't need that guy. He's a dead weight nowadays.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 18, 2014,
Another good tip is coming up with a name for your band. That's a good way to help people find you on the net!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Be modest about your music. Don't tell people you play guitar, drums, etc unless you're talking about music. ALWAYS be open to jam sessions/playing with others (if they're good, of course). And if you're a guitarist... don't "shred", play from the soul.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

record and release you music so other people can hear it!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by theogonia777
PMS > PBS > PDS > EDS > EDL > EDF > EDM

IMS > PMS > PBS > PDS > EDS > EDL > EDF > EDM
Page 1 of 2