Well I got chance to play my Laney VC30 210 This weekend and it sounded great... for about 4 hours until suddenly and without any warning, the amp just stopped making any sound.

I was playing on the clean channel at around 3.5 through IIKR, my Zoom G5. There was no weird sounds or buzzing, it just went from sounding great to nothing at all.

All the tubes light up, and it seems to work perfectly with the lights all turning on and whatnot but just no sound.

However, the LEDs on the transformer don't light.

It's nothing stupid like my guitar volume off or a bad cable.

I'm completely new to valve amps and I got this used earlier this week. The guy said that he re-valved it 4 weeks ago andf it looks to have a set of Harma valves in it.

Any ideas? I'm pretty pissed that it happened so soon after I got it so I want to get it fixed quickly and because I love the sound of it and need it for any upcoming rehearsals which is what I bought it for.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
Ok... the LED's on the transformer for what don't light up?

Maybe a dumb question, but did you try to plug the guitar straight into the amp? Just trying to narrow down things...

Have you checked any fuses?
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
check all of the fuses.
sounds like a cap may have blown
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Papabear505
Ok... the LED's on the transformer for what don't light up?

Maybe a dumb question, but did you try to plug the guitar straight into the amp? Just trying to narrow down things...

Have you checked any fuses?

Sorry, yeah there are two orange LEDs on the top of what I assume is the output transformer which don't light when the amp is turned on. But wouldn't the amp fail to turn on if I had blown a fuse?

Quote by Pacifica Ocean
Sorry, yeah there are two orange LEDs on the top of what I assume is the output transformer which don't light when the amp is turned on. But wouldn't the amp fail to turn on if I had blown a fuse?

That depends, most amps have several fuses inside besides the mains fuse

Are all of the tubes glowing?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Damn, I feel for you man. Hope you get it worked out and its nothing serious.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by fly135
Check your HT fuse. If you don't know what that means, then read the manual.

It didn't have a manual as it was used but I'll look online.

Yep, the HT fuse had blown, presumably because it hadn't been used in ages before I played it. I'll order a new one and hope that it works

Dang that sucks. Hopefully the ht fuse will sort it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Pacifica Ocean

I have the VC30 210 as well.

Only one of the LEDs is on all the time - the one near the power switch. If that isn't coming on when you turn the amp on, no power is getting to the amp. Definitely check the fuses for that one.

The Other LED near the middle of the control panel is only to indicate which channel you're on. If it's off, you're playing through the clean channel. If it's on, you're playing through the drive channel. Are you sure you haven't just accidentally changed channel? They have separate volume controls so you may have switched to a channel which is turned down, and if you have all the EQs at zero you won't get any sound from either channel. I don't like to suggest such a rookie error, but everything simple is worth checking.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
I have the VC30 210 as well.

Only one of the LEDs is on all the time - the one near the power switch. If that isn't coming on when you turn the amp on, no power is getting to the amp. Definitely check the fuses for that one.

The Other LED near the middle of the control panel is only to indicate which channel you're on. If it's off, you're playing through the clean channel. If it's on, you're playing through the drive channel. Are you sure you haven't just accidentally changed channel? They have separate volume controls so you may have switched to a channel which is turned down, and if you have all the EQs at zero you won't get any sound from either channel. I don't like to suggest such a rookie error, but everything simple is worth checking.

Sorry, I obviously didn't make it clear...

Both LEDs on the control panel work fine, I was talking about the orange lights on the back of the amp which are covered by the metal grill. All the tube lights come on fine but the 2 on the transformer do not. But yeah, I've checked the HT fuse which has blown and I'll order some more- fingers crossed that it doesn't keep blowing and occcured due to the sudden use of the amp after a while of it not being used.