It's a MIDI pad. It hooks into rack mount software I believe and makes all sort of cool noises. Matt Bellamy and Christopher Wolstenholme of Muse both have them in their instruments.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
It's a MIDI pad. It hooks into rack mount software I believe and makes all sort of cool noises. Matt Bellamy and Christopher Wolstenholme of Muse both have them in their instruments.

So you need additional software for it to work ? Bummer, I thought it had somekinda built in circuit (like a pedal inside a guitar) that just alters the guitar signal and you get those wacky noises out your amp.
I think it can work with a laptop too. I'm not entirely familiar with the technology.
http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/20080-diy-how-to-install-a-midi-pad-in-your-guitar

There is an onboard "brain" to make it work but the actual sound parameters are made in software.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
a standalone version would be the kaoss pad by korg, but it's not mounted in the guitar

http://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/kaoss_pad_quad/

usually you use that midi controller to control the kaoss pad (you can see it in the background in Julietta's video), but as mentioned earlier you can control anything midi controllable with it really.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
And the mini-Kaos Pad and the mini-Kaossilator small enough to mount on a belt or guitar strap.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
It's just a XY pad. You can make your own, but installing them is difficult.

Check out Two Cherries Instruments. They do custom work.

I have seen them with the software built in, but you don't have much control.

If you notice, she's controlling a Kaoss pad (it's on the music stand in the background) with the XY pad installed on her guitar.
Awesome!