This double NGD has been in the works for a little while. I hadn’t timed it out for the build to finish in coordination with the arrival of the Puresalem Woodsoul, but I’m happy it worked out that way.

The specs on the Jazz-bastard include a maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, Fender Ping tuners (since I had them lying around), an alder body routed for a Jazzmaster neck and T-style bridge, and various other parts that I hadn’t assigned to other projects yet. The pots are 500k Fender split-shaft pots, which I’m regretting at this point (the bridge is way too biting with the 500k’s), the pickups and bridge are from GFS, though the bridge pickup will eventually get swapped for a Fender Telecaster bridge pickup that I’ve also got around here somewhere.

The guitar itself was finished with Tru Oil and Minwax polyurethane, and I’m pretty impressed with how it turned out. Not having a proper place to build (hence no cool build pictures), I had to make the most of the space I had and account for the fact that poly stinks like crazy when applied, so I had to wake up a little earlier before heading out to work to apply each morning. It plays very well to my hand, though I’ve still got some tweaking to do as the weather finally settles down here in North East Ohio. I learned a couple of things along the way with this build, as I had only done one build before with my dad (a vintage LP Ash body that he had acquired in the 70’s). I was a little drill happy when applying the string tree, and probably should have accounted for dust in the room when applying poly. Oh well, I dig it, and it’s exactly what I was looking to build.

OffsetOffset
The Puresalem came about when I came upon their site from a guitar player I follow on Instagram. They were giving away a pretty neat looking guitar, so I stopped by the website and saw the Woodsoul – I knew I had to have one. I wanted P90’s in my life again, and I had been searching for a bolt-on, bound and blocked neck with a matched headstock. This thing checked several boxes for me, and I had an extra space on my guitar stand.

I emailed the owner directly (super nice guy and really easy to chat with), and he hooked me up with a solid “artist discount”. They only had the Kelly Green left, which was what I had wanted anyway, and I knew that they were redesigning the headstock, so I knew I might not see this exact guitar for some time if ever again.

The guitar itself is fairly heavy (mahogany body and neck) and sports a beautiful flake-green body. The tort guard isn’t really my thing, but I know a lot of offset players think that tort is the only way to go, so I see why he chose it. The Kent Armstrong pickups are nice and mellow, considerably different from the P90’s I’ve experienced with my old Gibsons and some of the Fender P90-equipped models. These things are really articulate and give great chord-clarity, even when I throw heavy fuzz at them. The hard-tail is something I quite like (I have a MIJ hardtail Jaguar that I adore), and it gives a nice contrast to my CP Jag and Jazzmaster, which both have a trem. The only thing that I didn’t love about the guitar was the placement of the strap button on the upper horn – I would have moved it down a bit towards the neck (though I’ve got a Grolsch lock on there now, so I’m not too concerned).

If you’re in the market for something a little familiar, but also a little different, I highly recommend Puresalem. Rick (the owner) gets kind of a weird rap online because of his advertising and networking methods, but I can’t fault the guy for inserting himself the way he does. The guitar speaks well of the craftsmanship, and like Reverend, these are built in Korea.

I’m not exclusively an offset player, but I’ve currently got five in the collection, and none of them are going anywhere. Both of these guitars are a great addition to the collection.

OffsetOffset
And another junkie gets his fix...

Nice NGD, man!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Haha, thanks man! This will be the end for a while, I'm actually kind of burnt out on updating my collection... never thought I'd say that.
OffsetOffset
Thanks! I probably should have also mentioned that the Puresalem showed up perfectly set up, which I've never experienced before with another seller. Just a nice touch I guess.
OffsetOffset
Quote by SteveHOC
Haha, thanks man! This will be the end for a while, I'm actually kind of burnt out on updating my collection... never thought I'd say that.

Guitarists' epitaph: "OK, NOW I'm done buying guitars!"
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Guitarists' epitaph: "OK, NOW I'm done buying guitars!"

Revision:

"OK, NOW I'm done buying guitars...and I really mean it this time!"

Beautiful man! Gotta love DoubleNGD posts. I am in awe of both of them. We should hold meetings or intervention as soon as someone says they are done buying guitars. I've been down that road, so don't buy guitars. Buy more amps! Loophole!!!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
oh my god the green one. oooooomg. that is actually my favourite colour. im so hard right now
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Haha, I guess I could ways buy another stand... Then I'd have to fill it!

I've actually got a Candy Apple Red Jaguar already, so I'm covered when Christmas rolls around.

Yeah, the green is pretty great looking - really hard to capture in photos.

Thanks everyone!
OffsetOffset
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Honestly, I'd have gone for an unfinished neck and black pickguard on the green one, but that's just me. Still a very nice pair of axes, HNGD man
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by 67_67
Honestly, I'd have gone for an unfinished neck and black pickguard on the green one, but that's just me. Still a very nice pair of axes, HNGD man

I actually thought the same thing, though maybe he wanted that uniformity. I pretty much hate Tort as well, with the exception of Tort on my Red Jaguar - I'd have gone for white or black, and maybe I'll have a custom cut as such someday.

The Puresalem is really proving to be a lot I fun to play though, even with it's weight. I'm going to be swapping the pots on the Jazzcaster this week too, so hopefully that'll mellow the bridge out a bit.
OffsetOffset