I would like to buy a Bigsby tremolo to mount on my Gibson Les Paul Traditional 1960. It will ultimately look like this:


I was thinking of buying it on ebay which is cheaper than the local shops (in Denmark). I don't want to drill holes so I can always go back to the old bridge if I want to. Is the Bigsby B7 specially made for Les Paul models or do I need a metal adapter piece of some sort to make it fit?

Thanks in advance :-)
You will need an adapter, there is no Bigsby unit that will drop directly into a Les Paul.

The Vibramate V7-LP is what you want, and it will only work with the Bigsby B7. It's not the cheap route but it's the way to do it without drilling.