Its very hard for me to afford expensive guitar. So i am searching for a guitar which has a thin neck (lol i have normal sized hand), is versatile and with a les paul shape (if any? i love them). Or is there any guitar other than les paul which is good for practicing as well as for recording. I want to learn techniques like legato, sweep picking, tapping, etc. Right now i play acoustic: (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMUYZF2VxVM)
And i'm really looking forward to buy a lovely guitar! my buget is less than $300 cause i have to get an amplifier as well. Pls any suggestion?
I will buy next week. So any suggestion what should i look for when i buy electric guitar? Cause i have never played any before !

thank you guys!!
you'll realistically have to up the budget or go used and hope for the best. you may find an Epiphone LP Studio used for around $225-250 and then need another $75 or so for an amp like a peavey vypyr (total around $350-375) and that is going the used route. there are tons of non LP style guitars that are great so don't limit yourself especially since you haven't played any.
Quote by monwobobbo
you'll realistically have to up the budget or go used and hope for the best. you may find an Epiphone LP Studio used for around $225-250 and then need another $75 or so for an amp like a peavey vypyr (total around $350-375) and that is going the used route. there are tons of non LP style guitars that are great so don't limit yourself especially since you haven't played any.

Oh yeah i can get a used guitar! never thought about it! but are used guitars reliable?
Quote by Iwalkalone11
Oh yeah i can get a used guitar! never thought about it! but are used guitars reliable?

a used (lol) 1959 Les Paul goes for $500,000 and people want them for stage and recording. of course used guitars can be reliable or duds it just depends. most are perfectly good and will yield many years of great playing if taken care of. 3 out 4 of my axes were bought used.
If you're a lefty, you may want to check out Rondo Music (www.rondomusic.com) and look among the Agile AL-series LP-type guitars. Probably one of the best values in that shape guitar out there. Moreover, you can probably get one with a slim (only 17mm deep at the first fret, 21mm deep at the 12th fret) neck profile; it's one of their stock options. Note that this is quite a bit slimmer than what Gibson typifies as a "'60's slim neck" profile.
Ibanez has some very nice non-expensive Les Pauls. I played ART-120 once and I loved it.
Quote by Iwalkalone11

Absolutely!
I have this thing, I don't buy new electrics, only used.
But I don't buy used acoustics, only new.

BTW, The Vypyr VIP series is AMAZING!
Have a look at the Yamaha Pacifica, it's a good all rounder.

Plenty of options to pick from and they have a good resale value when you've outgrown it.
Gear: Fender Custom 3 Pickup Telecaster, Fender American Std Telecaster ('10 3burst), Fender Kurt Cobain Jag, Gibson Les Paul Std ('97 Honeyburst), Orange Tiny Terror HW + PPC112, Marshall JCM-1H, Vox Night Train NT15H, Fender Champ 600.