Hey guys, here's another live video from my band Muscle of Love ,this time with our song Running in the dark. The biggest reason im posting this, and i think that you guys would like the most, is the part that starts around 2:50. The tapping harmonies, and then i go into an Improv solo, that i personally think was cool. I would love to know what you guys think of this!!! IM the guitarist on the left btw in the black (AND as I said, if you dont dig the beginning, or the middle, DEFINITELY at least skip to 2:50! haha) Would love to hear some crit/advice!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a8ftU6Aqa0

As always, I will gladly C4C!

Thanks,

Jake P
Not really my bag of music, but you had a good amount of energy live!
I would work on the songwriting... IMO it needs more dynamics. 2:50 is definitely the highlight, but after that it kind of gets messy. Don't feel that you have to squeeze a million notes in there just because it's a metal solo. Listen to guitarists like Marco Sfogli, he plays metal but there's plenty of hooks in there. So... work on your phrasing as well!
When you play live, look at people, what do they seem to like in the music?

Hope you appreciate my honesty. The most important thing is to keep it up!
-Mats
I love the way you're playing guitar!! You feel it so much. I like your song, and all techniques you've done dont have any negative to say well done
Quote by matslexell
Not really my bag of music, but you had a good amount of energy live!
I would work on the songwriting... IMO it needs more dynamics. 2:50 is definitely the highlight, but after that it kind of gets messy. Don't feel that you have to squeeze a million notes in there just because it's a metal solo. Listen to guitarists like Marco Sfogli, he plays metal but there's plenty of hooks in there. So... work on your phrasing as well!
When you play live, look at people, what do they seem to like in the music?

Hope you appreciate my honesty. The most important thing is to keep it up!
-Mats

Thank you man! I appreciate the criticism! You're one of the best guitarists ive seen on here, so ill take what you said to heart! I ACTUALLY DO play in a fusion esque group too, i even have a guthrie cover on youtube. Ive seen your video jamming on sunny, that was amazing. Would you mind if I pmd with my guthrie video? You seem to be an amazing fusion guitarist,and i havent found many of those to crit my playing!
Quote by metalmikePL
I love the way you're playing guitar!! You feel it so much. I like your song, and all techniques you've done dont have any negative to say well done

Thanks a lot man!! I appreciate it!
Quote by awesomo41894
Thank you man! I appreciate the criticism! You're one of the best guitarists ive seen on here, so ill take what you said to heart! I ACTUALLY DO play in a fusion esque group too, i even have a guthrie cover on youtube. Ive seen your video jamming on sunny, that was amazing. Would you mind if I pmd with my guthrie video? You seem to be an amazing fusion guitarist,and i havent found many of those to crit my playing!

Oh really? Of course send away...
Guthrie is one of my favorites! Always when I feel bored with my solo's I ask myself "What would Guthrie do?", and it actually works haha
Quote by matslexell
Oh really? Of course send away...
Guthrie is one of my favorites! Always when I feel bored with my solo's I ask myself "What would Guthrie do?", and it actually works haha

haha same here!!! He's probably the best guitarist today! I sent you a message on here man!
I'm loving it, defo not skipping to 2:50
The part I don't dig that much is vocals, but they fit, which is enough to make it sound good.
The solo's were great, one slow and emotional and the other one aggresive shred, very nice too!

Oh man, I envy you so much for having a band... I really miss rehearsals.

On a side note before I cry, C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1643890