Hey, I'm looking for the best amp I can get under $200. By the way, yes I am aware there are more posts asking the same question I am asking right now. However, most of those are outdated. New amps have come out in the last year or so.

As for what I want to do with the amp, I am looking for good clean tones, some bluesy sounds, and an upwards of hard rock and maybe a bit metal.

Anyway, what is an amp you would recommend at or under $200? So far I have looked at the Fender Champion, Fender Mustang, And the Marshall mg30cfx.

Thanks for helping out!
  • 2013 PRS 408 MT Orange Tiger
  • 2002 Fender American Deluxe Strat (Red w/Maple Neck)
  • 2009 Schecter Diamond Series C-1+
  • Samick TR2 Torino setup as baritone
  • Bugera TRIREC INFINIUM
  • Egnator Vengeance 4x12 slant
  • Red Bear 4x12 slant
  • Boss ME-80
Last edited by mudf00t at May 19, 2014,
Roland Cube is a solid little amp as well, I assume that your just looking for a portable practice amp? Otherwise I'd suggest saving up another 200-300 bucks and just getting something nicer.
Often in ones madness resides genius. Thus for a mind seeped in madness, the imagination is limitless.
$200 is pushing it.

I would say off the top of my head something like the Roland Cube amps or one of the smaller Peavey Vypyr amps.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
best advice is to go with the Peavey Vypyr or Vox Valvetronix amps - find the smallest model or a used one.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and recommend the Line 6 Spider Valve Mk I 112. These things are NOT your typical Line 6 spider cases, the tubes help the tone a ton. My 212 sounds awesome. If you're lucky you can get the 112 used for around $200.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Alright, thanks for the help guys! I'm gonna look at the amps you guys recommended.