I play lead in a rock band, I own a distortion pedal and I'm about to get a compression pedal. I'm thinking a delay pedal would be cool :/ just don't know where to start looking for one. I mean there are many delay pedals out there. Remember, I'm playing a lot of drive/distortion lead sounds (some clean) so any recommendations? thanks
MXR Carbon Copy is the standard for small analog delay boxes.

For digital, Boss DD-3, DD-7, or TC Electronic Flashback.
Thanks for the reply, iwannabesedated, and I know thisounds noobish but whlat is the difference between analog and digital :P
There's a technical answer, but practically speaking analog delays are warmer, darker, more vintage sounding. Better for texture and slapback and stuff like that.

Digital delay is clearer and more defined, and generally has more delay time available.

Personally, I prefer analog delays, but that's just me. I like the way they sound with fuzz and distortion. More natural IMO
MXR Carbon copy is great.

And if you're getting a compressor I highly recommend you get the Alesis in my sig. Its only $100 and far better than what they can fit in any pedal.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
it depends on how you want to use it.
if you just want it to thicken up your sound, an mxr carbon copy is the way to go.
if you want to get some crazy delay tones, i would go with a flashback or DD7.
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch
if you go analog, go with a malekko616. its very nice, and the modulation is great, much better than the carbon copy from my experience. and i like that you can go buffered bypass or true bypass depending what you are doing. similar if not the same price.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Have a look at the new TC Flashback Mini. I have its bigger brother and it is excellent. The new mini series looks really good and should be able to squeeze onto pretty much any pedal board.

However, on the whole i prefer my Malekko Ekko 616 for lead sounds. Lovely sounding natural repeats. Can make your guitar sound huge. Its similar to the Carbon Copy but the modulation trim pots are on the outside so easier to access. Plus, i think it looks a lot nicer

The Flashback has an "analogue" mode but doesnt hold a candle to the real thing IMO.
if you're playing higher gain stuff, digital might be a better idea than analogue. i like analogue, but they can be a bit warm with high gain tones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you're playing higher gain stuff, digital might be a better idea than analog. i like analogue, but they can be a bit warm with high gain tones.

agree. I have both analogue and digital and when playing the higher gain stuff where note clarity is importqant then digital is the way to go. you can find some digital delays that have a warmer analog sound to them as well.
Last edited by monwobobbo at May 20, 2014,
yeah
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?