Hey guys,
I Got a used Agile Intrepid 828 from a guy in London about a month ago. The intonation was slightly off, and there was a slight buzz on the first fret of the 3rd(E)-7th(B) strings. I spent 89 dollars getting it set up, restrung, and having a piece of plastic added to the pickup selection switch, which was missing upon purchase. I decided one day that I wanted an 8 string, looked on Kijiji, and there it was!

I'll split my review into a few sections to make it more comprehensive to those interested in purchasing one, and will answer as many questions as possible as accurately as possible.

Attraction: EXTREMELY HIGH
This is a beautiful looking guitar, for many reasons. The wood choice is PERFECT for what I want... no paint or over staining. I love the look of neck-thru bodies, and the contrast between the light and darker woods is really appealing to me.

First Impressions: OVERWHELMING
FEEL: When I handled the guitar for the first time, I was blown away, and brought to nervous laughter to accommodate my shock and awe. This thing is a BEAST! Not only is it nice and heavy, it's almost the size of a bass. The neck is quite a bit larger than any other 8-string I've played, but that's not a problem for me. The upper-accessibility is pretty insane, and the neck-thru aspect adds a lot of comfort to me.

SOUND: The tonal range wasn't what I expected... especially since the previous owner added a push/pull feature on the volume knob. I'm not sure if it's coil tapping, coil splitting, or whatever... but it makes the buckers sound like single-coils. The pickups are pretty amazing for stock pickups. I haven't really found a great use for it through distortion, but it's cleans are orgasmic to the point of disbelief.

Conclusion: BEST 500 BUCKS I'VE EVER SPENT
After playing with it a little more, it's easily one of my favourite guitars. It's exactly what I was looking for, and more than what I had in mind. I play a lot of fingerstyle stuff, and classical pieces; this guitar has opened my mind a lot, and has given me a nice little boost of inspiration/challenge/discovery that I needed!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND to anyone looking for a relatively inexpensive 8 string.

There is one flaw which I've noticed... the tuners aren't amazing. They do the trick, and do a decent job at that... but with all the tension running through the extended scale, it'd be nice to have some locking tuners for extra support. Granted, they only seem to de-tune when doing bends... but still. I'm an intonation Nazi.

Here are some extremely low quality photos:
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by Fryer Mike

There is one flaw which I've noticed... the tuners aren't amazing. They do the trick, and do a decent job at that... but with all the tension running through the extended scale, it'd be nice to have some locking tuners for extra support.

Nice review -- I don't make a lot of use of ERG guitars, but Kurt has certainly taken the 7, 8,9 and 10-string (and fan-fret) guitars out of the "custom only" range and made them much more accessible to folks with ordinary budgets.

Locking tuners don't actually do much for you in the way of maintaining tuning. That was a claim when they first hit the streets over 20 years ago, but that's long since been debunked. Essentially, locking tuners make changing strings faster, and that's their greatest contribution to guitardom. You're probably looking more at small issues involving the nut than anything to do with the tuners.
I'll try stringing it myself next time rather than having someone else do it.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL