Hey guys! This is my first post on this forum. I came here because I need some serious advice on how to get a decent quality recording. I've only been playing guitar for a year so I'm starting with a simple song. I plan to cover We're Not Gonna Take it with both lead and rhythm guitar. I'm trying to find a way to plug my guitar into my computer. I'm completely new to this so I need to know if i ordered the wrong parts.

The first part I bought was a Behringer UCA202 Audio Interface. The reviews are good.

Behringer UCA202 Audio Interface

I then realized that I needed an adapter for my guitar cable so I bought the HOSA Stereo 1/4-Inch Phone - Two RCA 4m 13.2-Feet

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KW2YEI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1HOSA Stereo 1/4 Inch Phone - Two RCA 4m 13.2 Feet

As I understand, this will work... If l have everything I need once the parts get here, then it will be possible for me to record the sound directly from my guitar in audacity.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
Read the interfaces sticky.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Read the interfaces sticky.

What exactly am I supposed to read there? I need to know if THIS setup works. Bump
Quote by chatterbox272
That thing isn't really an interface, it's just an AD/DA converter and not a very good one at that

Well, damn. I'm really bad at this. I hope amazon is good at keeping track at all these orders im going back and forth ordering and cancelling :/
That's why you need to read the sticky

It will tell you what you need.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
That's why you need to read the sticky

It will tell you what you need.

I see... well I'll see how this goes and if it doesn't do it then I'll send it back and look into the sticky. Thanks.