I recently decided to purchase a few packs of the DR dragon skin strings in ten gauges for my teles having heard good things about them. The first guitar I put them on was my JA-90 with tune o-matic bridge. This guitar has been highly reliable up till this point and I had actually never managed to break a string on it in the year and a half I've had it. The strings sounded fantastic once they were on, they really brightened up my tone and I was very pleased with the results, however the following day the b string broke. I thought this was unlucky and just a bad string at first so I replaced it with a spare ernie ball b string I had lying around. Unfortunately though in the following days both the d and high e string broke which was extremely disappointing.

I also decided to put these strings on my 50's telecaster, which was a bit more risky seeing as it tends to break a string every month or so. Again the tone was fantastic but within just two days I lost the high e string, followed by the b string, at which point I decided to restring the entire guitar back to d'adarrios.

I did get in contact with DR's customer support and they were very helpful, offering me new packs, however since I am from the UK they forwarded me onto their international support team to whom I sent my address, the receipt and a picture of the broken strings to and since then have received no further responses or strings.

This was overall a very disappointing situation and with the premium DR charge for these coated 'long lasting' strings I cannot discourage you from purchasing them enough.
AC30 C2 with greenbacks

Fender JA-90 Telecaster
Fender Mexican classic series 60's Telecaster

MXR Noise Clamp
Dunlop Crybaby
Pro-co Rat 2
Fulltone Plimsoul
Electro Harmonix Big Muff W/ Tone Wicker
Mooer Orange 90
Vox Delay Lab
think i heard some bad things about these (maybe the bass, or acoustic ones... i forget ) on the fretboard forum...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just putting it out there, you're sure its not your guitars? I know you said you haven't broken a string in a long time on your JA90, but weird things can happen.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by AWACS
Just putting it out there, you're sure its not your guitars? I know you said you haven't broken a string in a long time on your JA90, but weird things can happen.

At first I did consider it but when you break 3 strings on one guitar that never normally does so it seems extremely unlikely. Especially since 2 also went on the other tele and the new d'addarrio strings have been going strong for almost 2 weeks now.
AC30 C2 with greenbacks

Fender JA-90 Telecaster
Fender Mexican classic series 60's Telecaster

MXR Noise Clamp
Dunlop Crybaby
Pro-co Rat 2
Fulltone Plimsoul
Electro Harmonix Big Muff W/ Tone Wicker
Mooer Orange 90
Vox Delay Lab