21 25%
Adopting is the right thing to do
24 29%
Dolan
15 18%
Voters: 84.
Page 1 of 3
So yeah something I was thinking about.

I've never wanted a biological kid really but somehow adopting a little person from a far away country seems reasonable and a very, very good thing to do. There are already enough people in the world, so instead of creating a totally new kid from scratch, why not offer a chance of better life to someone born in incredibly poor conditions? That seems like the best kind of charity you can do.

Plus there are other practical benefits. Not giving birth saves your woman from vaginal stretch, and if you adopt someone who already has a few years under his belt, you're able to avoid most of the gross diaper changing time. And by adopting, you'll increase multiculturalism in your area, if you're into that sort of thing.

Disckuss
adopt so my wife's pussy is still sweet
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Depends on what you want I guess. I know a dude who has adopted three or four kids with his wife. They're really good parents and gave those kids a good home. Don't know if they couldn't conceive or just didn't want to. Adopting is expensive though.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Depends on what you want I guess. I know a dude who has adopted three or four kids with his wife. They're really good parents and gave those kids a good home. Don't know if they couldn't conceive or just didn't want to. Adopting is expensive though.

Yeah but I'm not asking what you prefer but what is more ethically sound. Of course I'm interested in what you personally prefer too but that was the main question.

Also a biological kid is worth a lot of vintage Les Pauls over the years, especially if you live in a country where healthcare and education cost a shitton of money *cough* USA *cough* *cough*
Quote by Jyrgen
Yeah but I'm not asking what you prefer but what is more ethically sound. Of course I'm interested in what you personally prefer too but that was the main question.

Also a biological kid is worth a lot of vintage Les Pauls over the years, especially if you live in a country where healthcare and education cost a shitton of money *cough* USA *cough* *cough*

Neither is more ethical. That's a stupid question.

Adoption is still more expensive and difficult. You still get all the expenses of childcare with adoption as well as all the adoptions fees and shit
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I don't want kids, but adopting is obviously the better choice since you're taking a kid out of a shit situation (assuming you actually make for a good parent anyway).

It's cool if you want your own biological kids, but there's literally no argument to be made for how having your own kids could ever be more ethical than adopting.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I don't want kids, but adopting is obviously the better choice since you're taking a kid out of a shit situation (assuming you actually make for a good parent anyway).

It's cool if you want your own biological kids, but there's literally no argument to be made for how having your own kids could ever be more ethical than adopting.
You might love them more, and your motivation comes from a deeper drive than a sense of rational ethics.
Quote by bradulator
I'm more into anti-natalism but thas just me

R.I.P. fail
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Do the world of favour and just kill a bunch instead.
Edit: Jesus, that was dark even by my standards.
Quote by seanlang01
You might love them more, and your motivation comes from a deeper drive than a sense of rational ethics.

If you wouldn't love your adopted kid as much as a biological one you shouldn't be adopting in the first place.
Quote by seanlang01

Adopted children have much more trouble with identity and feelings of rejection. Obviously adoption is better than letting them live their lives in the system but that doesn't make adoption immediately better. It's a pointless comparison.

^Exactly why it's pointless to compare them. Way too many circumstantial things in there. Is someone who can't conceive somehow more ethical because they adopted?
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at May 20, 2014,
Quote by GuitarGod_92
If you wouldn't love your adopted kid as much as a biological one you shouldn't be adopting in the first place.
Exactly. But it is a legitimate concern that isn't necessarily under your control. Plus you can gain experience and confidence from first raising a child from conception.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Adopted children have much more trouble with identity and feelings of rejection. Obviously adoption is better than letting them live their lives in the system but that doesn't make adoption immediately better. It's a pointless comparison.

If having conversations like this could lead to at least one kid being adopted it's not a pointless comparison.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Neither is more ethical. That's a stupid question.

I don't think so. According to some, the world has already more people than it should, and this is not going to change in the future. If you look at it this way, each new child is a mistake, though when they're alive they have to be treated humanly and given a fantastic life. Thus adopting a kid and offering him opportunities is a good thing because you're not adding to the population but are helping someone out of poverty and reducing their suffering.

Edit: I basically am trying to express what GuitarGod 92 said.

Quote by WCPhils
Why does one have to be better than the other?

Because we must strive towards greatness
Last edited by Jyrgen at May 20, 2014,
here's a better question. how come, due to my diseases, the state government would bar me from adopting a child, yet they would have no qualms with me impregnating a 16 year old girl?
i don't know why i feel so dry
Why is one more or less ethical than the other? choosing to raise a child and love it unconditionally is a beautiful thing whether it's your biological child or not.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by Jyrgen
I don't think so. According to some, the world has already more people than it should,
Based on what? Why should we believe that? There are different birth rates everywhere and you can't control other peoples' actions so why should I change my own?

Because we must strive towards greatness
Who says the question in OP will lead to a better outcome? We haven't even determined if it is a legitimate concern.
Quote by Eastwinn
here's a better question. how come, due to my diseases, the state government would bar me from adopting a child, yet they would have no qualms with me impregnating a 16 year old girl?

What's your disease ?
Quote by RylanThePotato
Why is one more or less ethical than the other? choosing to raise a child and love it unconditionally is a beautiful thing whether it's your biological child or not.

This. The end result is more important. Someone choosing to adopt and being an asshole is still shitty. The ethical thing is raising a child to be supported, happy, and a contributing member of society.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Eastwinn

Because the government can't prevent you from banging 16 year old girls.
Quote by bradulator

Quote by bradulator

This is a great post out of context
banned
If I ever have a kid it will be one I made.

Sure, adoption is more morally correct, but evolution.

And plus, prenatal care is very, very important for the kids development. And the first few years as well. I'll suffer through a few years of a nagging wife and diapers in order to give my kid the best shot at healthy development.
Quote by seanlang01
Based on what? Why should we believe that? There are different birth rates everywhere and you can't control other peoples' actions so why should I change my own?

Who says the question in OP will lead to a better outcome? We haven't even determined if it is a legitimate concern.

Ehh I'm too tired to find any sources, will look into it tomorrow. But I think overpopulation is a legit concern, no doubt. You know that old saying that our individual actions are like drops in the ocean but together they can form a river?... or something.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
So what's your disease ?

i'm bipolar you shitwit don't you ever read my posts
Quote by Jyrgen
Ehh I'm too tired to find any sources, will look into it tomorrow. But I think overpopulation is a legit concern, no doubt. You know that old saying that our individual actions are like drops in the ocean but together they can form a river?... or something.

It depends on where you are. I'm pretty sure the US isn't crazy overpopulated or anything.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Jyrgen

It's no question that overpopulation is a massive concern, but I think what he was saying is that it's not a problem everywhere. Most developed nations have a sustainable population growth, it's developing nations that are currently driving our species quickly toward its carrying capacity.

So having your own kids wouldn't cause any problems in countries where most UGers are living, in terms of overpopulation.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
It's no question that overpopulation is a massive concern, but I think what he was saying is that it's not a problem everywhere. Most developed nations have a sustainable population growth, it's developing nations that are currently driving our species quickly toward its carrying capacity.

So having your own kids wouldn't cause any problems in countries where most UGers are living, in terms of overpopulation.

Ahh yeah. I'm quite slow at times
1. Giving birth does not stretch out a woman's vagina to the extent that sex will feel significantly different.

2. Adopting a child for the sake of not having to change diapers is superficial to even mention. It's a present convenience but not something to consider when thinking of adopting vs. having your own.

3. Using an adopted child for the sake of multiculturalism is also unrealistic. I live in a city filled with different cultures, races, with biological, adopted and foster kids. People are still racist and prejudiced as ****.
Quote by RylanThePotato

4. This. Whether the child is adopted or biological, it should have no reasonable effect on what the parent is like. Good parents will be good parents to their own and their adopted. Same goes with awful parents.

Isn't it a more relevant question to ask IF AND WHEN you should have kids, adopted or not?
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by kikaykitko

Isn't it a more relevant question to ask IF AND WHEN you should have kids, adopted or not?

That's why I voted Dolan.
Well, overpopulation will become/is a problem. At least if you adopt, you won't add one more resource-guzzling person on the planet.

Also, if you have shit genetics, and don't want to pass them on to your offspring and condemn them to a life of utter misery, adoption bypasses the genetic issue entirely.

It avoids the pain of morning sickness, pregnancy, child birth, potential physical changes, at least for the one whose adopting.

Then again, if you want a kid to look like you/have your genes, then adoption is out of the question.
Page 1 of 3