So I dont know how many Hispanics and Latinos (same thing but some dont recognize one or the other) are on UG but I read a great article about the Hispanic/Latin impact on Hardcore and wanted to share it. Of course, this isnt exclusive to the Latin/Hispanic community, but here they are....

Part 1

http://www.noecho.net/features/the-hispanic-impact-on-the-early-new-york-hardcore-scene-by-freddy-alva

Part 2

http://www.noecho.net/features/the-hispanic-impact-on-the-early-new-york-hardcore-scene-part-2-freddy-alva
If you come to Cali, enjoy the weed!
I love reading about stuff like this. I'm Puerto Rican/Honduran and grew up in the Bronx my whole life. I know plenty of musicians and friends who are into the music and scene but we are unrepresented. The scene is not talked about much.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
I love reading about stuff like this. I'm Puerto Rican/Honduran and grew up in the Bronx my whole life. I know plenty of musicians and friends who are into the music and scene but we are unrepresented. The scene is not talked about much.

Its the same way here in Cali, my whole life, ive pretty much heard "youre mexican, how come you dont like rap?" but its articles like these that really bring the Hispanic culture to the forefront, and especially to such an influential genre. Regardless of people's assertions about punk rock and its sub-genres, its everywhere and everyone has been influenced one time or another.
There's a hardcore band from here in San Antonio, Texas called Colonia. They played last Sunday night. They're really good. Really emotional and passionate in their styles. So maybe melodic hardcore? Anyways, all their songs are in Spanish. My dad and I met the drummer. He's a really cool guy. He's a kick ass drummer too. His drumming with the band reminded me of some nice progressive funk/hip hop stylings.
Quote by Leonid Vilkov
There's a hardcore band from here in San Antonio, Texas called Colonia. They played last Sunday night. They're really good. Really emotional and passionate in their styles. So maybe melodic hardcore? Anyways, all their songs are in Spanish. My dad and I met the drummer. He's a really cool guy. He's a kick ass drummer too. His drumming with the band reminded me of some nice progressive funk/hip hop stylings.

Definitely checking this out when I get home
Idk if you can find any of their stuff online. They might be a local band. But they've played with this other band called Eight Fifteen.