Hello all!

Currently I'm playing with a 80s band where I use a Gibson Les Paul Goldtop on a Peqvey 6505+ that's connected with a DI-Box to the mix which runds Martin Audio W8/W8S system. We've tried with micing up the cabinett, but it was a really shitty sound and didnt blend good at all with the DI signal (tried EQ-ing the different sources, but the DI signal is far superior sound).

I wish to put together a system at home to get a good rehearsal sound when I practice guitar as I've noticed that I'm playing much better when playing with the band due to the sound quality, than at home. Does there exist any speakers that will be able to produce great sound for a small room? I'm willing to put some money into a new amp aswell. Hopefully an amp which I can connect to the speakers through a DI box so that I can spread the sound with speakers from all the 4 corners of the room.

Note: I've tried connecting my amp with DI to a small PA, and the sound was very very very thin, so I imagine the Martin Audio PA has something extra compared to smaller systems.

A perfect sound would be the distortion guitar from this band and track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHAoHifynHM
What cab and mic are you using to live that you don't like
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Zyrg
SM57 on a Hughes & Kettner CC 412 A30 cabinet

That should sound pretty great, what is wrong with the sound?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Pretty muddy and thin sounding distortion sound. With DI it's much more full sounding and clear.
Sounds like an EQ issue to me
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
try moving the mic around until you get the sound you're after

nobody dies a virgin, life fucks with us all

(\_/)
(o_o)
_(u u)_
this is the bunny,
add this to your signature
to help him rule the world

come to the darkside.......................we have cookies.
Either way, my plan is to build a speaker system at home for practicing alone I will look einto the mic issue if you are positive that it should sound better than a DI signal though.
Quote by Zyrg
Either way, my plan is to build a speaker system at home for practicing alone I will look einto the mic issue if you are positive that it should sound better than a DI signal though.

I have used SM57 for recording guitars for over 15 yrs. Unless something is actually messed up, the sound is always good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yes, I've used it for recording and it's far superb to DI, but it's totally opposite when playing live.