Hey guys.

This week I have two job interviews.

I have one tomorrow for a job "A" that pays better than what I have now but with no benefits.

I have one on Friday for job "B" that pays WAY more than job "A" for tomorrow with benefits and it was set up because an old class mate of mine working there got me into the interview and was pulling strings.

In the event that I get offered job "A" before getting to the interview for job "B", what should I tell the guy from job "A" so that I can have it as a backup in case I lose out on job "B"?
You don't have to say yes to a immediately right? Plus just say yes and retract your yes when b is 100% working out.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
You don't have to say yes to a immediately right? Plus just say yes and retract your yes when b is 100% working out.

Gah but I don't want to look like an ass doing that.
you tell him you have E.D and leave crying
Whats goes around must come down
There is no way to not look like an ass doing that unless you are Jeff winger. Who cares what people think of you, you will die childless and alone like the rest of us anyway
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Just say, "Thank you for the opportunity! May I have a few days to think about it?"

What if I accepted it and then gave them the whole two week notice thing about leaving my current job, that way I don't have to start it just yet....?
Why is lying so difficult for you?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
If you get job A accept it and go to the job B interview. If you get job B then tell job A something better came up and you can't take the job.

EDIT: If they found someone better they would do it to you in a heartbeat. Don't feel bad.
Last edited by metal4eva_22 at May 20, 2014,
Quote by metaldud536
What if I accepted it and then gave them the whole two week notice thing about leaving my current job, that way I don't have to start it just yet....?

Wait, what? Dude, why the hell would you do that?

Repeat after me, "May I have a few days to think about it?". Did you repeat after me? No? Then fucking repeat it already, damn it!

Seriously, stop making it complex and shit. If you get asked to take A and then get B, turn down A gracefully a few days later. It. Is. Not. Hard.
Quote by metaldud536
what should I tell the guy from job "A" so that I can have it as a backup in case I lose out on job "B"?
Almost nothing. This is something you can't really control. They will look for someone else if you don't work there for a decent amount of time. It's not your fault, it's just business.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Just say, "Thank you for the opportunity! May I have a few days to think about it?"
This is the best you can do so at the very least it's not a flat out rejection for future consideration.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Just say yes, but you need the day of the other interview off.

If you get the better job, call the first one and tell them that you found a job that will pay better and if they want to keep you they need to compete.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by doomded
Just say yes, but you need the day of the other interview off.

If you get the better job, call the first one and tell them that you found a job that will pay better and if they want to keep you they need to compete.
lol bro don't do that.

Unless you have a super impressive resume or have worked there before, that will surely ruin any future chances of rehire/consideration. That doesn't look good on you, either. If you can't work on their terms, they'll easily find someone who will.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Just answer honestly, "I have an interview for another job on Friday", employers should expect candidates seeking employment to be looking for it elsewhere as well. It makes sense to have more than one interview lined up, they should understand.

And best of luck for both them
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Venice King
Just answer honestly, "I have an interview for another job on Friday", employers should expect candidates seeking employment to be looking for it elsewhere as well. It makes sense to have more than one interview lined up, they should understand.

Yea it seems reasonable. Business is business but I'll dig for something human out of the interviewer.

Thanks.
Quote by Venice King

This. Don't worry about looking like an ass. They'll just hire somebody else. Look out for you not them.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Believe me, their feelings are not going to be hurt if you turn them down after accepting. If you get offered the job, take it. If you get offered job B as well, just call and tell Company A that a better opportunity came along and you've chosen to take that job instead. Thank them for the offer and the opportunity that they gave you and that's it. It's just business, nothing personal and they know it.
Dude, you're complaining about potentially having TWO job offers???

Quote by Venice King

Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Seriously though, either of these would probably be the best. They can't expect you to just put your metaphorical eggs in one basket.
What kind of job is this for? Usually they don't make an offer right after the interview, it always takes a few days.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
What kind of job is this for? Usually they don't make an offer right after the interview, it always takes a few days.

Well one is to design graphics for t-shirts (the low paying one)

The other is for retouching photos (the better paying one)
Be up front and honest, let em know u got another interview in a few days, it'll show respect for ur potential employer and self confidence. Also figure out which job YOU want. Money is great, believe it or not, but it sucks if u hate the job. I have to restrain myself everyday from smashing my face into a computer screen.
Quote by metal4eva_22
If you get job A accept it and go to the job B interview. If you get job B then tell job A something better came up and you can't take the job.

EDIT: If they found someone better they would do it to you in a heartbeat. Don't feel bad.

This.

If you get job B and turn down job A, they would probably just contact their second choice, i mean, you couldn't have been the only person to apply for it.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.