youtube.com/watch?v=xT_EtpT_D6E]Big

This performance was about a year ago and I haven't performed with my friend since then, basically why does it sound so bad? I am running the backing track through my amp (I am the one singing).

Does it have to do with distortion/delay/reverb? Is it our volumes or maybe the EQ (I have no idea how to set up EQ optimally I just mess with it till I like it)

Any Help is appreciated, I am using a Peavey Vypyr 30 in that vid and I am unsure of my friends amp
me playing malmsteem

Quote by Kivarenn82
just tell him "no chick is gonna lay you if you serenade her with a playstation controller"
A guitar amp is not a PA.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
A guitar amp is not a PA.

So you think running the backing track through its own speaker is the main problem?
me playing malmsteem

Quote by Kivarenn82
just tell him "no chick is gonna lay you if you serenade her with a playstation controller"
Not having a PA system is the main problem.
Getting one would be best.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Not just it's own speaker, something with a FRFR response. Guitar amps are not flat, they are designed to handle guitar frequencies, not a full mix.
We've all tried to run music through our guitar amps at parties when we were young because they are so loud but it's never satisfactory. Yeah, it's loud; but it sounds like shit.

What are you running your vocals through?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification