Page 1 of 3
raise your hand if your emotional stability is resting on someone you cannot trust with it. how does that make you feel?

raise your hand if you don't have that stability to start with.

please indicate which one you're raising your hand to.
i don't know why i feel so dry
My emotional stability is not dependent on another person because I have no friends.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
My emotional stability is not dependent on another person because I am not a weak-minded poorly functioning individual.

Exactly, others rely on me.*

*not really
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by VillainousLatin
My emotional stability is not dependent on another person because I have no emotional stability to begin with

welcome to the club we have snacks
~ all my friends are dead asleep in distant beds

~ at least these enemies stay close

Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
My emotional stability is not dependent on another person because I am not a weak-minded poorly functioning individual.

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils

why do you first feel pride rather than sympathy for those of us who do not share your "strong-minded" attributes? why would you put down someone for struggling to be emotionally stable?

be careful.
I googled the thread title and this thread was the first result

2obscure4me
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Eastwinn
why do you first feel pride rather than sympathy for those of us who do not share your "strong-minded" attributes? why would you put down someone for struggling to be emotionally stable?

be careful.

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Trowzaa
I googled the thread title and this thread was the first result

2obscure4me

wow google indexes fast. try the second result bud

edit: swooping in with the youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdj55B-CKP8

wcphils you better defend yourself or i'll shiv u
Last edited by Eastwinn at May 20, 2014,
why is this worded so dramatically
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by whywefight
For Christ's sake eastwinn cheer up or talk about it or do something about it

i have a therapist, a psychiatrist, friends, family, a partner, and so on. i have hobbies, ambitions, convictions, all sorts of things. there's nothing more to talk about, these things are random and sharp. there is no cause and no apparent cure. i can only find some solace in those who share the same problems. i've done just about everything i've been told to do. don't tell me to cheer up, we both know bipolar disorder doesn't disappear on a whim.

don't be so presumptuous whywefight. perhaps it all offends your sensibilities -- that there are fates laid upon undeserving people that can't be undone. that one cannot will themselves through every issue. that would be a fantasy world, and you'd be naïve to believe it's real.

or perhaps it annoys you to hear someone lament. if this is the case, you are barely human.

it's one thing to be told you're crazy. i accept that as a fact and put no weight to it. i accept my increased risk for homelessness, suicide, incarceration, substance abuse, and violence. i take that which is given to me and i am grateful. it is another thing to be talked down to. do not talk down to me because i am mentally ill.

i made this thread after reading about codependency in relationships. i found the emotional struggle vaguely familiar and i wanted to reach out to any members of the pit who have had this kind of experience or one more akin to mine. you all may insult me if you wish, it's simply embarrassing and creates needless tension.
Quote by Eastwinn
i have a therapist, a psychiatrist, friends, family, a partner, and so on. i have hobbies, ambitions, convictions, all sorts of things. there's nothing more to talk about, these things are random and sharp. there is no cause and no apparent cure. i can only find some solace in those who share the same problems. i've done just about everything i've been told to do. don't tell me to cheer up, we both know bipolar disorder doesn't disappear on a whim.

don't be so presumptuous whywefight. perhaps it all offends your sensibilities -- that there are fates laid upon undeserving people that can't be undone. that one cannot will themselves through every issue. that would be a fantasy world, and you'd be naïve to believe it's real.

or perhaps it annoys you to hear someone lament. if this is the case, you are barely human.

it's one thing to be told you're crazy. i accept that as a fact and put no weight to it. i accept my increased risk for homelessness, suicide, incarceration, substance abuse, and violence. i take that which is given to me and i am grateful. it is another thing to be talked down to. do not talk down to me because i am mentally ill.

i made this thread after reading about codependency in relationships. i found the emotional struggle vaguely familiar and i wanted to reach out to any members of the pit who have had this kind of experience or one more akin to mine. you all may insult me if you wish, it's simply embarrassing and creates needless tension.

Just go out for a run, a nature hike, or something.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Eastwinn

wcphils you better defend yourself or i'll shiv u

i triple dog dare you
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34

You say that like going "outside" is going to cure his depression. Oh, wait...you can't just "cure" depression or other mental disorders like that. Being in nature doesn't fix brain chemicals and emotions when you have a serious mental condition.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You say that like going "outside" is going to cure his depression. Oh, wait...you can't just "cure" depression or other mental disorders like that. Being in nature doesn't fix brain chemicals and emotions when you have a serious mental condition.

No, but being active and taking interest in your environment helps you take your mind off the bs in your head.
Quote by mcw00t

Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
No, but being active and taking interest in your environment helps you take your mind off the bs in your head.

Except, ya know, when it doesn't. 'Cause you just happen to be depressed.

I had a minor bout with depression a few years back. My sister had an episode of psychosis a year or so later. In neither of our cases would nature have done shit. You literally CAN'T take an interest in your environment. Besides which, it's clear Eastwinn is doing his best to be active. (Reread his post.) It clearly hasn't "cured" him.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 21, 2014,
the mental health stigma in this thread yeesh i disapprove my girl clara hughes would be shaking her head smh

Nope
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by Eastwinn

Nah. It's just no one wants to hear your problems, not even your therapist.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Being in nature doesn't fix brain chemicals and emotions when you have a serious mental condition.

I do not believe that being on your own (or with close family/friends) for a significant period of time in an environment not governed by human concerns, platitudes or norms does nothing to your perspective. I think being surrounded by human interactions gives a person constant reminders to re-evaluate their own worth, it's meaning and how insignificant or inefficient these things appear in the context of others' lives. When you remove yourself from these interactions and their human meanings you lay yourself bare for the inspection of yourself -- I do believe this is healthy and can ease depression.

"Significant period of time" means something different given the person; a camping trip usually has some effect.
Quote by mcw00t

Quote by elguitarrista3

^
Except, you know, when it doesn't. Because you're motherfucking depressed!

You seriously don't understand depression if you think that going camping with friends and family makes things better. Ugh.
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34

i do.

i don't think you all quite understand. this is not a temporary problem. it's not an issue with "brain chemicals" it's an issue with the structure of my brain, my whole mind, and there's no amount of nature that can regulate my poles or when i switch.

i would explain what it's like to be bipolar, but i'm tired of getting worthless advice from people who only seek to stigmatize my illness. i suppose i should have saw this coming but i had a little too much faith in the pit.

also, i'm not depressed. i'm in a mixed state with highlights of mania. if this means nothing to you, don't give me advice. or anyone else.
Quote by Eastwinn
also, i'm not depressed. i'm in a mixed state with highlights of mania. if this means nothing to you, don't give me advice. or anyone else.

I apologize.

That certainly won't be fixed by nature or going for a run or any of that shit either. Mental conditions aren't "curable" in the sense of, "Oh, just change a few things to make yourself happy".

Edit:
Quote by AxeToFall
Nah. It's just no one wants to hear your problems, not even your therapist.
HEY! Look! It's an asshole.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 21, 2014,
Quote by Eastwinn
... i'm tired of getting worthless advice from people who only seek to stigmatize my illness

I didn't mean to do that, and I was being wholly serious in my suggestions. I feel that I did have bouts with depression and those things seemed to help more than I thought they could. Bipolar is something different that I don't think I could speak for though.

Also, check this video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drv3BP0Fdi8
Quote by mcw00t

Quote by elguitarrista3

Last edited by Rust_in_Peace34 at May 21, 2014,
i'm not gonna watch that video because i know exactly what he's going to say and i agree. i believe the nature of unipolar depression is best left to sociologists rather than doctors. bipolar disorder, however, is a completely different animal. in fact, the superficial similarities between bipolar and unipolar depression yet the widely different epidemiology further supports the point i'm presuming the dude in that video is going to make.

edit: also, i'm sorry for accusing you of stigmatizing mental illness. you must understand that most people do it without realizing it. others, however, are fairly blatant. my girlfriend was original forbidden from dating me by her parents because i am bipolar. after some coaxing they lessened the sentence to restrain me from their household and her little brother. there's a tad more to the story, but it comes back to mental illness stigma and you know i'm not a fan of it.
Last edited by Eastwinn at May 21, 2014,
They have a cure for depression, you need a new amp.

But seriously, it is a horrible thing.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Eastwinn

wow
banned
Quote by Eastwinn
i'm not gonna watch that video because i know exactly what he's going to say and i agree. i believe the nature of unipolar depression is best left to sociologists rather than doctors. bipolar disorder, however, is a completely different animal. in fact, the superficial similarities between bipolar and unipolar depression yet the widely different epidemiology further supports the point i'm presuming the dude in that video is going to make.

edit: also, i'm sorry for accusing you of stigmatizing mental illness. you must understand that most people do it without realizing it. others, however, are fairly blatant. my girlfriend was original forbidden from dating me by her parents because i am bipolar. after some coaxing they lessened the sentence to restrain me from their household and her little brother. there's a tad more to the story, but it comes back to mental illness stigma and you know i'm not a fan of it.

I would still recommend (for anyone) to watch that whole video.
Quote by mcw00t

Quote by elguitarrista3

Join the army or something. Or go see a dr, get some drugs so u can tolerate people, and go outside. Suns good for the brain.

But seriously, if ur around someone who makes u feel like shit or uses u or lets u down, then u need to change the situation and move on. U cant change people but u can change yourself.

Also, dont take rx drugs that usually blocks the serotonin production and uptake in the brain. Go to a grocery store or wal mart, get a 5-htp supplement, 200mg, in the pharmacy area. Take one with every meal. See how you feel after a couple weeks.
Page 1 of 3