What's a few good amps you guys can reccomend I recently joined a country band which is way out of my genre zone but anyways I've been chipping at it and my 6505 simply isn't gonna cut it. I've been using my vox vt20+ with my telecaster it's okay but it leaves some to be desired.

Budget around $400-500 Canadian

Needs good cleans but some versatile is important I dot need heavy metal tones my peavey can cover that. I am gonna need to bust out the odd solo with distortion though.

Looking for a tube amp

Willing to buy used or new

What would you guys reccomend? Will be playing old stuff like Waylon Jennings, Dwight yolkom but also newer stuff like Brad Paisley and the odd rock song like sweet home Alabama.

Oh and forgot to mention this amp will be used for gigs so something not to heavy to lug around if possible and reliability is important.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Last edited by UFC on VHS at May 20, 2014,
If you're mic'ed and you wanna use dirty cleans an Egnater Rebel would work well. I use to play a lotta wilco covers/type tunes and a Rebel 20 worked quite well for me but a Rebel 30 may work better for you.

A cranked 6505 playing country would definitely make Waylon Jennings tunes more interesting to my ears.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Any decent Fender tube amp. A Deluxe Reverb or Hot Rod Deluxe would be great. Peavey Classic 30, or a Musicman 112RD-fifty if you can find one. Albert Lee was known to use a RD for quite a while.

When I get my Country music on, my tone lies somewhere between James Burton and Vince Gill I think.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Peavey Classic 30 is great with that budget. The HRDs are solid clean amps, but their drives are just awful. Really anything low gain would work just fine. Previously, country guys used big, clean Fender style amps, but in the last two decades or so, Vox type amps have really taken off among more modern players. Really can't go wrong with either one.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Peavey Classic 30 is great with that budget. The HRDs are solid clean amps, but their drives are just awful. Really anything low gain would work just fine. Previously, country guys used big, clean Fender style amps, but in the last two decades or so, Vox type amps have really taken off among more modern players. Really can't go wrong with either one.

that was exactly the thing i came here to say. rebels are nice too, i had the 30 for a few weeks.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Classic 30 would be great and cheap.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Egnater Tweaker, so you can get either a bit of Fender vibe or a bit of Vox vibe going (Brad Paisley etc).

I would go for the 40 or 88 watters because you can have one channel set for Fender and one for Vox.
Peavey Valveking. many feel that it's clean channel is better than the classic 30 it also has better distortion if you want to lean towards metal.
I've been playing a hot rod deville for years now, and I love it. The cleans are amazing. I run pedals for overdrives distortions, and wah. I have a volume control and modulation effects in the effects loop. It can run an extension cab if needed, and you can get a used one in your price range. You can see these all time behind pros. I just saw one last night on TV, and recently saw two of them at the jazz fest in new Orleans. Drive sounds can be changed with tube swaps. I love my amp. It would do country really well.
You're in Canada. Find a big ol' Traynor.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The Peavey Classic 30 or Peavey Delta Blues would be my choice for a country rig. Add in a good compressor pedal and your golden. You might look at a tube screamer for solo boost but if your looking for country the Classic 30/Delta Blues will get that.

Most of the old country was played through clean fender amps and a telecaster, with Paisley you get a lot of Vox based amps. The Delta Blues gives you a nice medium between being able to get a very clean Fendery sound or a Vox AC sound if you adjust the controls.

I used a Delta Blues when playing with the local church band in the middle of backwoods South Carolina.... aka Country.
Quote by XgamerGt04
The Peavey Classic 30 or Peavey Delta Blues would be my choice for a country rig. Add in a good compressor pedal and your golden. You might look at a tube screamer for solo boost but if your looking for country the Classic 30/Delta Blues will get that.

Most of the old country was played through clean fender amps and a telecaster, with Paisley you get a lot of Vox based amps. The Delta Blues gives you a nice medium between being able to get a very clean Fendery sound or a Vox AC sound if you adjust the controls.

I used a Delta Blues when playing with the local church band in the middle of backwoods South Carolina.... aka Country.

+1 i really like the delta blues 1x15" . i am not a fan of 10" speakers though which i believe the other option is.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/