Could someone enlighten me on the difference in build quality between an LTD 300/400 series and a Schecter Elite? Specifically a Damien Elite 8 and a V-307. Would you say they are about on the same level, or is the V significantly better built, judging by the price?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Would you say they are about on the same level, or is the V significantly better built, judging by the price?

I never judge a guitar by the price.

Ever.
Quote by dspellman
I never judge a guitar by the price.

Ever.

This.

I just said in another thread that the main difference in price between guitars for the most part is the cost of labor. Japan's minimum wage is 5 more than Indonesia's (roughly). Mexico's is about one tenth that in the US. And they ain't paying minimum wage in the US to build Fenders. In Mexico, probably. That's why a MIM strat that may seem identical to a MIA strat is half or one third the cost. It's all a marketing scam.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
This.

I just said in another thread that the main difference in price between guitars for the most part is the cost of labor. Japan's minimum wage is 5 more than Indonesia's (roughly). Mexico's is about one tenth that in the US. And they ain't paying minimum wage in the US to build Fenders. In Mexico, probably. That's why a MIM strat that may seem identical to a MIA strat is half or one third the cost. It's all a marketing scam.

Not saying that Wiki is great but according to them Indonesia's average minimum wage is $0.59Hr minimum and Japans's is over $8 Hr.
Japan's era of providing low cost, quality manufacturing ended a couple of decades ago when the yen became stronger. That drove manufacturing to Korea who in turn up'ed their standard of living so that eventually countries like China & Indonesia became most "cost effective". You will not get a wholly Japanese made guitar new any where near the price of a Chinese model. You're talking about a time when I was a teenager, not today.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
Not saying that Wiki is great but according to them Indonesia's average minimum wage is $0.59Hr minimum and Japans's is over $8 Hr.
Japan's era of providing low cost, quality manufacturing ended a couple of decades ago when the yen became stronger. That drove manufacturing to Korea who in turn up'ed their standard of living so that eventually countries like China & Indonesia became most "cost effective". You will not get a wholly Japanese made guitar new any where near the price of a Chinese model. You're talking about a time when I was a teenager, not today.

The wiki is also set to an international dollar, which is roughly equivalent to the 2000 value of the USD. The US economy was pretty good back then compared to other countries as well.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I wouldn't donso either, thing is I cant try out the guitars, have to put in a special order aw well never mind, the Damien isn't in stock, shops saying they wont get it for another 3 months. Considering getting a better quality 7 instead, c-7 hr is available.