I have been playing guitar for 6 years, but I'm a complete noob in terms of guitar electronics and pieces and stuff like that. I have an Epiphone Les Paul Studio and a Squier Strat Affinity and i'm not really interested in replacing them, but upgrading them. An older, more experienced, friend of mine told me that replacing the nut and the bridge in the both of them would make a huge difference. However, I don't really know what I should get for them. Can you guys give me some help?
A new bridge and nut will probably make very little difference, unless there is something wrong with the stock bridges and nuts in your guitars. An aftermarket bridge for your Les Paul can be had with more mass (denser materials, like solid brass), or you could get a so-called "locking" tune-o-matic from Tone Pros, but I doubt that you would experience any significant difference. If your Strat has a tremolo, a graph-tech nut might result in the guitar staying in tune a bit better, but probably not enough that it would be worth having the stock nut replaced. A dab of lithium grease in the nut slots would accomplish the same thing.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
i'd wager a tone pro locking bridge and tailpiece set up on that epiphone would make a pretty noticeable difference.

but that's going from very meh to very good hardware.
Quote by gregs1020
i'd wager a tone pro locking bridge and tailpiece set up on that epiphone would make a pretty noticeable difference.

but that's going from very meh to very good hardware.

Actually, I made that switch on a pretty good Schecter some years ago and did not notice any difference. Maybe I got a lemon, but I don't think so.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley