After using KeyFinder on the "chaos part" (where all the tracks of Chaospere are played at once) of "Elastic" by Meshuggah, it told me said part is in G#/A-flat Minor. Now I'm interested in the key but I soon discovered not many songs are in G#/A-flat Minor. Do you know any good songs in that key (I wish to learn more about this key through learning songs in it)? The only one I know is "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga (don't care to learn that) and if that song's good is highly debatable (not getting into that). I want something that will improve my guitar playing and teach me about this key. Got any suggestions?

Edit: I'm not at the level to learn any Meshuggah songs for at least a couple years (too difficult and I'm hardly an intermediate player). I have looked up on songs in this key but only got dead ends.
"I don't know what you're trying to suggest. There's no shame in taking what you need to hold your position!"

Super Buu (DBZ) on assimilation (it could also apply to blues guitar and guitar soloing in general).
Last edited by RonaldPoe at May 21, 2014,
There's some Jazz in the key of Ab minor.

I think Bb minor or Eb minor or Bb majo or Eb major are more common keys though.
I can't think of any offhand, but a fair few rock guys (especially the 80s hard rock/metal guys) play in Eb tuning. And the key of A is used a fair bit on guitar rock songs (since it's fairly easy to play on guitar). So I'm guessing some of those types of guys would likely have the odd song in A flat minor.

EDIT: Poker Face/Lady Gaga is awesome!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd take my Gm scale and move up a half step on the fretboard et voila - G#m or Abm.

Don't look for songs that fit, transpose.
Quote by AngryHatter
I'd take my Gm scale and move up a half step on the fretboard et voila - G#m or Abm.

Don't look for songs that fit, transpose.

This.

Just play stuff you already like a step below or above, and move from there until you can move it anywhere.
I hope you understand that the key of the song doesn't really determine what the song sounds like. Unless you have perfect pitch hearing you can't hear the difference between a song being in Gb minor or G minor without a reference point. Songs may sound better in one key than another, but that key doesn't create a certain sound.