Hi. I currently own an Agile 3000...

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000csbslim.html

and I love the tone I can get from this guitar. I've played a few gigs with this and it seems to do well. My only issue is that I'm starting to write more metal oriented music and would love something more suited for metal as well as having 24 fret access and a trem arm.

Basically what I'm asking is there an equivalent to this guitar in terms of my needs? It seems like most of the Ibanez or ESP/LTD models are considered "cheaply made" (from what I've read) until you get into the $1,000 range.

I'm not looking for an AMAZING guitar, just something that has a relatively decent price and is good enough for playing gigs. Used or new doesn't really bother me. I'd prefer something under $500.
Not 24 fret and ~$100 over budget = PRS SE Singlecut Trem. Could probably find a lightly used one for around $500.

I really can't think of any guitar that matches the description of singlecut, 24 fret, and has a trem at budget price.
Last edited by Seref at May 21, 2014,
Quote by Seref
Not 24 fret and ~$100 over budget = PRS SE Singlecut Trem. Could probably find a lightly used one for around $500.

I really can't think of any guitar that matches the description of singlecut, 24 fret, and has a trem at budget price.

Haha, I figured. In the grand scheme of things I could do without a trem arm. What I absolutely do need though is the 24 fret access.

It doesn't have to be the same build of a Les Paul or anything. In fact my ideal guitar that I'm looking for is the ESP Horizon series. Only problem is those guitars run very high in price. Also add in the shipping since most of the good Horizons are from Japan and it can get pricey.
Last edited by wheelz1045 at May 21, 2014,
You can get a used ec-1000 for that (assuming you are in the US). Though even some of the lower models may surprise you as well. My MIK EC-300 is just shy of my C-1 classic in quality in my opinion.
Don't discount the sub $1000 Ibbys and ESPs. For the most part, the only reason they are cheaper is because they build them in countries where labor is cheap. The parts aren't necessarily cheaper quality, just the craftsmanship, and only minimally so. Same as the MIM vs MIA Fender/Gibson arguments. The MIMs are only cheaper because labor in Mexico is dirt cheap.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by wheelz1045
Hi. I currently own an Agile 3000...

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000csbslim.html

and I love the tone I can get from this guitar. I've played a few gigs with this and it seems to do well. My only issue is that I'm starting to write more metal oriented music and would love something more suited for metal as well as having 24 fret access and a trem arm.

Basically what I'm asking is there an equivalent to this guitar in terms of my needs? It seems like most of the Ibanez or ESP/LTD models are considered "cheaply made" (from what I've read) until you get into the $1,000 range.

I'm not looking for an AMAZING guitar, just something that has a relatively decent price and is good enough for playing gigs. Used or new doesn't really bother me. I'd prefer something under $500.

The AL-2000 Floyd (I have one) has 24 frets (the 24th fret is about where the 22nd fret is on your guitar), a "tilted" neck heel, a Floyd. The pickups are hotter than on your AL-3100, too.

There's also the AL-3100 Floyd, which occasionally has 24 frets and a Floyd trem. I have one of those, too. Mine actually has 22 frets and a standard neck heel, but I've seen the 24 fret versions on the site.

The AL 3100 Floyd with 24 frets: http://www.rondomusic.com/al3100bkfloyd.html

Mine (only 22 frets):

The AL 2000 Floyd:

The back looks like this (it's a little tough to see on the black one):

And finally, there's the custom shop. You can order up an AL 3200 with neck-through construction, the Gibson Axcess-style heel and tummy cut, 24 frets, a Floyd, slim neck profile and probably even active pickups for well within your budget. You can also order it with a 25.5" or a 27" scale and as a 7-string as well. Awesome, awesome guitar (I've got one of those as well).
Last edited by dspellman at May 21, 2014,