Generally which one sounds thicker or better for shoegazing between ibanez ap7 phaser vs boss ph2 phaser?

Is it redundant to have both?

Thanks.
When shoegaze is the game, I don't think redundant is a valid term.

I'd get the Ibanez out of the two. The "7" pedals are sweet, and going up in value.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
When shoegaze is the game, I don't think redundant is a valid term.

I'd get the Ibanez out of the two. The "7" pedals are sweet, and going up in value.

I thought boss is better coz they're known pedals more than ibanez and slowdive used boss.

Thanks for ur reply.
love phasers hated the PH-2. you might want to consider a Electro-Harmonix Small Stone
Well boss' pedals are better known, but they aren't by any means better sounding.

Akai makes a nice analog phaser I think...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
^ isn't it just a biyang for more money?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ ffffffffuuuuuuck!
Quote by Spambot_2
Well boss' pedals are better known, but they aren't by any means better sounding.

Akai Biyang makes a nice analog phaser I think...
Alright, fixed it, still don't know how I would make it without you Dave <3
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
There's so many shades of phaser, getting two or three is totally okay. Like, the MXR Phase 90 exists too.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ isn't it just a biyang for more money?

made at same factory but the Akai uses better quality components.
^ Has that been confirmed? Not saying it's definitely not true, but i've heard the "ah but ours uses better components!" thing before...

Quote by Spambot_2
^ ffffffffuuuuuuck!
Alright, fixed it, still don't know how I would make it without you Dave <3

don't get too excited, maybe it does use better components Just i know biyang does a lot of rebranding.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 22, 2014,
I really like my PH2 but I hear the PH1R is pretty good. Each to their own if other people don't like the PH2
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ Has that been confirmed? Not saying it's definitely not true, but i've heard the "ah but ours uses better components!" thing before...

don't get too excited, maybe it does use better components Just i know biyang does a lot of rebranding.

well I have their Fuzz and spent some time doing some research. supposedly the Akai stuff is better but as with much internet banter I can't say that it was "confirmed" by a totally reliable source. I remember reading that someone cracked open the biyang version and the akai and did find a couple of somewhat diferent components. whether they were truly better can't say.
No worries Thanks for your honesty, if more people phrased things the way you did there'd be much less internet banter (as you put it)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
No worries Thanks for your honesty, if more people phrased things the way you did there'd be much less internet banter (as you put it)

thanx I try. I wouldn't have a clue as to what to look for myself and wonder at times if many on the net do either. as with anything made in china "better component" may not turn out to be true either.
yeah that's the big problem. me neither And yeah "better component" may well not be true regardless of where the thing is made
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Two best phasers I've ever used were the EHX Small Stone (the 90s version) and an MXR Phase 100. Phase 100 was more versatile but I prefer the sound of the SS.

Ibanez AP7 is actually pretty good if you can find one cheap.
I use a T-Rex Tremonti phaser...comes with 4-stage and 8-stage modes, which is why I got it...nice and lush...cool bite knob (to add overdrive) and level knob as well...videos on youtube dont do it justice...
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
If you want subtle and lush get a Small Stone. Has a colour switch for some auto-wah sounding phase
there is only one phasers, but it has two phasers in the box

punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
there is only one phasers, but it has two phasers in the box

Where can you buy this?
The new MXR Custom Shop Phase 99 is two phasers in one as well...
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
I thoroughly love my Blackout Effectors Whetstone.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals