Does music ever send shivers down your spine? If so,what song/album does that to you?

Page 1 of 2
You know those songs where it can go from picking daisies to full out rock awesomeness in of an instant or just a really good/emotional song that sends shivers down your spine? The Smashing Pumpkins do that to me in a lot of their songs like Geek USA, Muzzle, Soma etc and it's awesome. What song does that to you? I'll start:

Skip to 42:02, couldn't find the song by itself on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOy3jaBqIMU
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Last edited by 457undead at May 22, 2014,
oh dear god that album is atrocious

As for me.

Most stuff from XO by Elliott Smith for example.

But I usually get it more from live performances of specific songs.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
oh dear god that album is atrocious

As for me.

Most stuff from XO by Elliott Smith for example.

But I usually get it more from live performances of specific songs.

I think some people might disagree with you, after all the album is rated 9.8/10 on UG reviews and went 10x platinum
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by 457undead
I think some people might disagree with you, after all the album is rated 9.8/10 on UG reviews and went 10x platinum

lel, okay.

it's absolutely terrible.

could've been made into a decent EP with bullets bla bla blal 1996 or whatever it's called and 2 more songs.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at May 22, 2014,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
lel, okay.

it's absolutely terrible.

Old Pumpkins is alright.

Then Billy Corgan turned into a vampire or something.
Quote by Swagmonius
Old Pumpkins is alright.

True, but I would see them live anyday still even though they are not as good.

So I see that you are already discussing in online discussions, good job new guy. I'm starting to like you.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by Swagmonius

Is that supposed to be a joke?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by 457undead
Is that supposed to be a joke?

My post or the band?

The post is a joke.

The band is dead serious though.
the longest day by iron maiden, that huge build up into the chorus i believe, gave me shivers down my spine when i first heard it, and a few more times after. it's wore off now tho

and same with listening to "satellite mind" by metric. gave me shivers too

and same with "nuclear war" by new politics
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by skylerjames13
the longest day by iron maiden, that huge build up into the chorus i believe, gave me shivers down my spine when i first heard it, and a few more times after. it's wore off now tho

and same with listening to "satellite mind" by metric. gave me shivers too

and same with "nuclear war" by new politics

Got a link for that iron maiden song?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by Swagmonius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBctONb102o

This song didn't really give me chills but I think it's good. At the very least watching this made me want to go see him live, which I did. Show was sick.

Protip: take out the S if there is one in the http:// so the video is on the page and nobody has to click on the link.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by 457undead
Protip: take out the S if there is one in the http:// so the video is on the page and nobody has to click on the link.

Thanks I'll try that next time.
Quote by Swagmonius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBctONb102o

This song didn't really give me chills but I think it's good. At the very least watching this made me want to go see him live, which I did. Show was sick.

That sounded pretty from what I heard, I will have to listen to it in the morning.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by 457undead
You know those songs where it can go from picking daisies to full out rock awesomeness in of an instant or just a really good/emotional song that sends shivers down your spine? The Smashing Pumpkins do that to me in a lot of their songs like Geek USA, Muzzle, Soma etc and it's awesome. What song does that to you? I'll start:

Skip to 42:02, couldn't find the song by itself on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOy3jaBqIMU

Love da Pumpkinz
Quote by Jyrgen
Love da Pumpkinz

Best band eva
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
That one that goes, bumm, bum boop badddie bop bop bwoooow, bwooooww. Shop shop showwwoooooieeee!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Jyrgen

I knew that you would agree just because of the beautiful sig corgan strat you have, kind of off topic because nobody's posting but what did you pay for it?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by snipelfritz
That one that goes, bumm, bum boop badddie bop bop bwoooow, bwooooww. Shop shop showwwoooooieeee!

Too metal for me.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
The most chills I've gotten from one song repeatedly is Isis' "Hym."

Specifically the last 2-3 minutes.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Quote by Swagmonius
Old Pumpkins is alright.

The world is a vampire.

Starla always does the whole shiver effect to me when I listen to it (the Pisces Iscariot version), I think that's one of my favorite SP songs.
There are not full songs nor albums that can really do that for me, just sections of songs. One is the last section of Chop Suey, the "Trust in my self-righteous suicide, I cry when angels deserve to die..." part with the dual vocals and how it's instrumentalized really help those lyrics make more of an impact and the inclusion of a piano only helps to add that melancholic feeling.

The other is also an ending section. Severed by Mudvayne, once Chad stops screaming his throat out ("in this mother****ing bullshit life"). Then you have Chad calmly singing pretty sad lyrics of a family breaking up over just the bass while eventually adding the guitar and drums leading into the final chorus which comes like an explosion of feelings where you just want to scream the lyrics as loud as you possibly can, and then he changes a line in the chorus (Eclipse you and...) into "I need you" that's quite moving, unfortunately though, it's one of those songs that "doesn't really end", just fades out while repeating the chorus, which takes away the awesomeness.

As a little extra (because I don't care and never listened to Creed other than this particular song), I'd say that the melody of My Sacrifice makes me feel really melancholic, though I couldn't care less for Stapp's voice and the chorus doesn't feel right to me, like it doesn't flow with the melody like the verses do, so to me it's only worth listening for the first minute or so.
Quote by almosthuman36
Learning sheet music will add to your knowledge of music theory, which will add to your knowledge of writing, which will make your songs sound better, which will make you more popular, which will increase your chances of getting laid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf3r2Tja0-8

Quote by Niiko_Xeneize

The other is also an ending section. Severed by Mudvayne, once Chad stops screaming his throat out ("in this mother****ing bullshit life"). Then you have Chad calmly singing pretty sad lyrics of a family breaking up over just the bass while eventually adding the guitar and drums leading into the final chorus which comes like an explosion of feelings where you just want to scream the lyrics as loud as you possibly can, and then he changes a line in the chorus (Eclipse you and...) into "I need you" that's quite moving, unfortunately though, it's one of those songs that "doesn't really end", just fades out while repeating the chorus, which takes away the awesomeness.

The solo interlude and the whole "I'll always be your shadow" part is pure awesomeness. Too bad there's no actual close live version with normal mix
Last edited by rootsofmy at May 22, 2014,
Quote by 457undead
I knew that you would agree just because of the beautiful sig corgan strat you have, kind of off topic because nobody's posting but what did you pay for it?

About 1000€ if I remember right, which is somewhere between the prices of an American Special and Standard Strat. Pretty good price IMO, considering it was the only real hard tail Strat in that price range and has those sweet ass Dimarzio pickups.
All the melodies in this. Especially the bridge at 2:31, the solo immediately after at 3:00, and the amazing outro at 3:32.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtDL17WLbls

Whole of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-2J5kc6wf8

And more recently, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do9pERf01mY
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
somehow when I listen to "the rock show" by Halestorm, when she yells "Find yourself and lose it at the roooccckkkk shooooowww" and then the guitars come in.... that's just awesome, I lose it

for reference It's about 2:02 in the youtube vid:
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at May 22, 2014,
Alot of Music does for me. One particular track is 'What Shall we Do Now?' by Pink Floyd. That only really works for me when I wear some really good headphones.
those bits on spiritual healing when chuck does that effect tinged scream.

like he came out of the grave, walked up behind you and shouted in your ear.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Page 1 of 2