BORING. So what, they got technical chops. Doesn't mean a thing.

Edit:
What I said doesn't apply to Jason Becker, btw. That guy does more than just wank, imho.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 22, 2014,
idk, jason becker's excellent
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Yeah, but Yngwie's also a giant douchebag. And he can't play well unless he's wanking. He barely knows what "restraint" means.
The first Malmsteen album is masterful
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
Malmsteen, Becker, and Friedman are all fantastic. I could have sworn I watched that Becker documentary on youtube. Such feels.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Wildchild
The first Malmsteen album is masterful

Yeah, but Malmsteen always annoyed me with his attitude and the fact that he never seems to feel like he can slow down (and still play at the same caliber). I respect his technical prowess, but not his songwriting or his attitude.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Yeah, but Malmsteen always annoyed me with his attitude and the fact that he never seems to feel like he can slow down (and still play at the same caliber). I respect his technical prowess, but not his songwriting or his attitude.

Yeah if he would really slow it down with the same technicality (along with his blazing fastness) it would be even better. Black Star and Icarus dream are good examples.

What about the great kat! lmao
I'm sorry I will never see Malmsteen as anything other than a gigantic dickwad who can't write anything good with the exception of a golden shit here and there that he happened to drop out of his giant asshole.

Jason Becker and Marty Friedman I can get into, but I hate Yngwie so much.
I more or less agree with you Ironic. Yngwie occasionally has some good stuff, but he rehashes so many of the same damn ideas. We get Yngwie. You ran out of ideas, so you just move diminished seventh arpeggios up in thirds and do a ridiculous bend with lots of vibrato. Then you proceed to play the same harmonic minor licks everyone has heard before.

Joe Stump is a total Yngwie clone most of the time, but I appreciate some of his stuff occasionally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kRaT87nS7k

Concerto Moon and Galneryus are pretty good too, and Galneryus is especially good.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso

Joe Stump is a total Yngwie clone most of the time, but I appreciate some of his stuff occasionally.

Yeah i like a lot of Joe Stump. His picking "stumps" me sometimes. Pun intended lol
wimps will never get the malmsteen
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am