I'm sure these threads come up in here all the time, so I apologize if it's an overdone question. Just looking for some advice.

I picked up a $50 Epiphone Special II and a $50 Samick amp. Neither are great, obviously, so I'm not looking to break the bank on a new pedal now. So last week I went to my local music store and picked up a Fuzz Face. I was debating between that and a used Tube Screamer they had but settled for the Fuzz Face. I'm pretty happy with it, but it's not exactly what I was looking for. When I try to get a distorted sound out of it its more fuzz than anything, which is exactly what it should be. I'm trying to get a more refined sound, kind of crunchy and sharp distortion rather than Hendrix-esque fuzz.

I think I'm going to keep the Fuzz Face, because I've already learnt some songs that sound awesome with it and I think I could use it in conjunction with another pedal. So I'm looking for recommendations or advice on what kind of metal/hard rock pedal for the sound I'm looking for. The most common ones I've seen on classifieds have been DS-1's and Metal Zone's, and from what I've read about them they're not the greatest. Preferebly 100 or cheaper used, maybe 130 new, or around there.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
complete waste of money. dude get yourself something like a Peavey Vypyr amp. tubescreamer won't do what you want with that amp. fuzz face works best with a tube amp hang on to it till you get one and you'll see how awesome it can really sound.
Yup, you're practically burning your money if you go investing in effects with an amp that crappy. Try to save for a Vypyr, and you'll get all the tones you want. After a while, you can buy a tube amp hopefully, and after that you can buy any drive pedals you want and use them to their full capability.
I love my Metal Muff. It's got regular "metullz" distortion, plus a gain boost portion that sends it into ridiculous levels of gainy goodness. It's also in front of my tube amp, so I'm not sure what it would do with your Samick amp.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
agreed on a better amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You have $100 for a pedal. Sell the $50 amp. Now you have $150.

You can very easily get a Vypyr 30. I'm not sure how much being in Canada changes things, but there's this one here for $80

http://www.guitarcenter.com/peavey-Used--Peavey--Vypyr-30-1X12-30W---Guitar-Combo-Amp-110182980-i3761679.gc

EDIT: Whoops, it's already sold. But the point is, they can be found.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Ok, I was afraid I was going to get that as a serious answer rather than the obligatory joke

I'm looking online classifieds, found a Super Champ listed for $275. The only cheaper one is a MosValve (?) for $160, not sure if that would be worth it. I was hoping to get away with a pedal because it's cheaper, but if I could find a great sounding amp for cheap I'd be willing to shell out
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Quote by bifteksupernova
Ok, I was afraid I was going to get that as a serious answer rather than the obligatory joke

I'm looking online classifieds, found a Super Champ listed for $275. The only cheaper one is a MosValve (?) for $160, not sure if that would be worth it. I was hoping to get away with a pedal because it's cheaper, but if I could find a great sounding amp for cheap I'd be willing to shell out

your sound is only going to be as good as it's weakest link. if your amp is the weakest link then you really are in trouble. no pedal no matter how good can make a crap amp into a tone monster. sorry