Hey guys this is my first post and I'm needing some help with my guitar setup!

I recently bought (April) a ESP LTD EC-1000 VB.
And I've had nothing but problems with it, even thought I've had it fret dressed and a full setup!

The main problem is when I tune the guitar perfectly with my tuner once I play the guitar out loud the Low E is out of tune with the D string even though it's perfectly in tune with my tuner!

Any suggestions of what the problem is?

Cheers
Then what do you mean by "E not in tune with the D" ?

If the pitches don't match, you have by definition an intonation problem. The source of the problem might be something other than the saddles being off but unless I'm misunderstanding that is the problem.
Quote by Roc8995
Then what do you mean by "E not in tune with the D" ?

If the pitches don't match, you have by definition an intonation problem. The source of the problem might be something other than the saddles being off but unless I'm misunderstanding that is the problem.

Sorry I'm finding it very hard to describe as I've never had this problem before!

I'll tune my guitar perfectly to Drop A# with my tuner on my AXE FX 2 but once I start playing the Low E and D string which are both perfectly tuned to A#, the Low E will flat and then I'll have to tune by ear to correct it.

I've used many different tuners and they are all same.
What strings gauge are you using? I kinda have a feeling that you're using some strings which don't have enough tension in drop A# and they vary in pitch too much.
Quote by JackovSlayer
What strings gauge are you using? I kinda have a feeling that you're using some strings which don't have enough tension in drop A# and they vary in pitch too much.

I'm using 12-60

12-16-20-34-46-60
Quote by Roc8995
^And did you re-intonate for the drop tuning?

Yeah that's the only tuning I use!
Try muting the other strings and using the neck pickup with the tone rolled down when you tune. Might be overtones messing with the tuner.
Quote by Roc8995
Try muting the other strings and using the neck pickup with the tone rolled down when you tune. Might be overtones messing with the tuner.

Good idea! I'll try that once I get the guitar back!!
Quote by AdamAKAspoon1
I forgot to mention that I've had the Intonation sorted and it's still happening!

Did you check the intonation yourself at that tuning or are you going by what the person who set it up said?

Also, fretted notes that go sharp could be because your action is too high.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Could it be gorilla grip? If you're really pushing the strings on the fretboard you might notice some tuning issues.

Good luck, those EC-1000s in vintage black are awesome guitars!