I just purchased my Peavy Vypyr VIP 1. I'm a complete electric guitar noob.

However, the tuner is going completely crazy and not stopping, so I can't tune my guitar.

Additionally, I can't figure out what settings to use for what songs, and vypyrsettings.fr is down and has a virus on the site.

I'm not even quite sure what I'm doing or how to learn, I start with easy riffs (i.e. James Bond theme) but then the hard bit comes, where I have to play:

riff #3
E-----0----------------------]
B------3----0----------------]
G--0------03-----------------]
D-2------------------4---2---]
A-----------------------2-3--]
E----------------------------]

My fingers just get in the way of other strings and mute them, for example, when I play to play the notes G0 and E0, my other fingers which are on D2 and B3 get in the way, meaning that the sound doesn't come through on the G0 + E0 cords, and it just plays like a muted chord (I think that's how to describe it) as my fingers placed elsewhere are touching these chords.

I never expected learning guitar to be easy, and I'm willing to put in the work, it's just very demoralizing when you don't know if your instrument is or is out of tune, when your guitar amp tuner doesn't work properly (or I'm doing something wrong) and when you're not sure what settings to use.

If anyone could help me, either through forums of over Skype, I would be very grateful. I had a period where I didn't play for 2 years due to my amp sounding terrible and it not being fun to learn, please save me
Quote by JediArron
I just purchased my Peavy Vypyr VIP 1. I'm a complete electric guitar noob.

However, the tuner is going completely crazy and not stopping, so I can't tune my guitar.

Additionally, I can't figure out what settings to use for what songs, and vypyrsettings.fr is down and has a virus on the site.

I'm not even quite sure what I'm doing or how to learn, I start with easy riffs (i.e. James Bond theme) but then the hard bit comes, where I have to play:

riff #3
E-----0----------------------]
B------3----0----------------]
G--0------03-----------------]
D-2------------------4---2---]
A-----------------------2-3--]
E----------------------------]

My fingers just get in the way of other strings and mute them, for example, when I play to play the notes G0 and E0, my other fingers which are on D2 and B3 get in the way, meaning that the sound doesn't come through on the G0 + E0 cords, and it just plays like a muted chord (I think that's how to describe it) as my fingers placed elsewhere are touching these chords.

I never expected learning guitar to be easy, and I'm willing to put in the work, it's just very demoralizing when you don't know if your instrument is or is out of tune, when your guitar amp tuner doesn't work properly (or I'm doing something wrong) and when you're not sure what settings to use.

If anyone could help me, either through forums of over Skype, I would be very grateful. I had a period where I didn't play for 2 years due to my amp sounding terrible and it not being fun to learn, please save me

Hey man,

I'd be happy to Skype with you. What's your Skype name? You can PM it to me if you want.

As for immediate help, not knowing if your guitar in tune is a huge buzzkill, but I love that you're up for the inevitable challenges you're going to face. If the volume knob on your guitar is all the way up to 10 and the tuner is fidgeting, then it sounds like the Vypyr's tuner is a huge POS, but I've never played through one before.

Those muted strings are going to be a huge pain in your butt, but once you get it down, it will be unconscious. The key is to make a sort of curvy bridge with your fretting finger over the open string. Really try hard to make the point of your finger fret the note you want to fret will curving OVER the string you're accidentally muting. Eventually, you want to get to a point where you are muting that string on purpose and not by accident, especially when you want to have lots of left hand rhythm control with chords, which are just playing alot of those same notes except at the same time instead of individually.

PM me man!
Quote by Buttcheex8
Hey man,

I'd be happy to Skype with you. What's your Skype name? You can PM it to me if you want.

As for immediate help, not knowing if your guitar in tune is a huge buzzkill, but I love that you're up for the inevitable challenges you're going to face. If the volume knob on your guitar is all the way up to 10 and the tuner is fidgeting, then it sounds like the Vypyr's tuner is a huge POS, but I've never played through one before.

Those muted strings are going to be a huge pain in your butt, but once you get it down, it will be unconscious. The key is to make a sort of curvy bridge with your fretting finger over the open string. Really try hard to make the point of your finger fret the note you want to fret will curving OVER the string you're accidentally muting. Eventually, you want to get to a point where you are muting that string on purpose and not by accident, especially when you want to have lots of left hand rhythm control with chords, which are just playing alot of those same notes except at the same time instead of individually.

PM me man!

Oh my god, a bright light in the tunnel of darkness!

My Skype is: jedi-arron

I really appreciate you aspiring to help me.

I also tried to position my fingers better, and well, it wasn't perfect, but it helped play the notes and they came out less muted.