I would like a new bridge pickup (funny enough!) Its only a Squire but I love how it looks and feels to play. Is there anyway of cutting my current pickguard which currently fits a single coil to fit a humbucker?

Don't want to spend more than £100 on the pickup.
Genre: punk, pop-punk
Irons
JB junior is a solid choice, it's the same size as a single coil so you can have a humbucker without altering your pickguard. The JB is a very good strat bridge pickup, works for a lot of genres but it's a standard punk pickup for sure.
Quote by Roc8995
JB junior is a solid choice, it's the same size as a single coil so you can have a humbucker without altering your pickguard. The JB is a very good strat bridge pickup, works for a lot of genres but it's a standard punk pickup for sure.

Thanks! I shall look into this further. Also, the guitar goes out of tune basically as soon as I bend a string (the string im bending goes out I mean) Any ideas what to do?
Irons
First thing to check out is usually the nut (make sure the slots are the right size and it has some graphite in it to let the strings glide smoothly) then the bridge (claw and springs have enough tension, saddles are secure) and the tuners themselves (should be screwed tightly to the headstock).

Setup resources here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602241

Or there are tons of youtube videos on strat setup if you're a visual learner.
Quote by Roc8995
First thing to check out is usually the nut (make sure the slots are the right size and it has some graphite in it to let the strings glide smoothly) then the bridge (claw and springs have enough tension, saddles are secure) and the tuners themselves (should be screwed tightly to the headstock).

Setup resources here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602241

Or there are tons of youtube videos on strat setup if you're a visual learner.

I have found a Seymour Duncan hot rail pickup not that far from me for £50. Opinion?
Irons
Muddier than the JB, not quite as well suited to a strat bridge, but still a good pickup and it should work great for what you play. I bet you can find a JB Junior for a similar price used if you're not in a hurry.
I enjoy the hot rails. I had mine installed in a Blackwood LP copy though, so it has a real dark and grisly tone.
JB Jr is a nice pickup and it works great for Punk styles. I had a JBJr modified to fit in a Telecaster bridge, it was my favorite tele.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate