recording using a pod, how much difference does pickups make? I'm shopping for a new guitar and need to decide actives or passives
you should go with what sounds best to you. you are probably going to play it more in general than being plugged into a pod. i would get what you want. there likely wouldn't be a HUGE difference, but i imagine that it may alter the tone a bit. that is just my opinion.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
All of my guitars sound different into my POD HD.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The more things you have colouring your tone the less each individual thing matters. Pickups always impact your tone, but if you are heavily processing your sound the pickups are not going to matter as much as if you are leaving things raw.
Not taking any online orders.
As others have said, the type of pickup you have is not an issue with recording; rather, they are chosen because you like how they sound. Your Pod should be able to record a guitar with either type of pickup.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley