Page 1 of 9
I once read in a book that classical composers such as Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, etc. would hardly recognize modern rock (60s - today) as music. But I do wonder if they would somewhat recognize neoclassical metal guitarists (e.g. Yngwie Malmsteen, Jason Becker, Paul Gilbert), maybe even enjoy their music. What do you think?
Nigga please, Brahms would be into Public Enemy and Tribe.

Don't even get me started on Mozart and Wu Tang
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
No lol

They'd hate it.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
No,

Because they're dead #obvious
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Nobody likes "neo-classical" bro lol
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
I was going to say only if it was a neoclassical cover of one of their pieces, and then post a video of some asshole doing a "metal" cover of Moonlight Sonata, but it felt too dirty to even post as a joke so I didn't.

Mozart would have loved Eugene's rendition of Turkish March from Crossroads though.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
yes ofc. everyone knows that neoclassical metal is today's classical music. it's so complex and deep with all its scales and the warp speed. Metal of today is also both more complex and more emotionally triggering than classical music ever was.

metal is the most complex and objectively good genre and Malmsteen have more talent in his toe than Beethoven had in his entire body.

People talk about jazz and post-rock but classical music and metal are the most alike because metalheads listen a lot to some tracks by Beethoven aside from their usual 50 rad metal albums to hone their skills on the guitar.

You don't see Beethoven covering Malmsteen songs but Malmsteen covers beethoven like that. Beethoven wouldn't have the idea where to start with a neoclassical metal song because they are just so much better than him technically.

In my opinion!
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at May 23, 2014,
Yes. Metal is the new classical.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Nobody and I mean nobody "enjoys" Neo-Classical metal, people are simply impressed by the guitarists who play very quickly in harmonic minor or phrygian dominant, and then at some point someone who deserves to be shot decided to call it neo-classical, which is a really stupid paradox in itself.

The genre was just an 80's fad, I think I last listened to malmsteen when I was around 14 or so. Also neo-classical metal is probably the genre of metal which is the least creative and most repetitive, I think classical composers are turning in their grave at the thought that you compared their music to malmsteen or Paul Gilbert, you should be ashamed TS, ashamed.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
yes ofc. everyone knows that neoclassical metal is today's classical music. it's so complex and deep with all its scales and the warp speed. Metal of today is also both more complex and more emotionally triggering than classical music ever was.

metal is the most complex and objectively good genre and Malmsteen have more talent in his toe than Beethoven had in his entire body.

People talk about jazz and post-rock but classical music and metal are the most alike because metalheads listen a lot to some tracks by Beethoven aside from their usual 50 rad metal albums to hone their skills on the guitar.

You don't see Beethoven covering Malmsteen songs but Malmsteen covers beethoven like that. Beethoven wouldn't have the idea where to start with a neoclassical metal song because they are just so much better than him technically.

In my opinion!

Quote by raoooos

hail satan!
They'd prefer to hear happy hardcore remixes of their own pieces.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

In my opinion!

Most definitely.
Just think how much more renowned Mozart and Beethoven would be if they had just looked at the orchestra set behind them and thought, y'know this is really lacking a big wall of Marshall MGs.

That riot after Stravinsky unveiled The Rite of Spring? Not enough shredding bro. You can't call yourself a classical musician until you can rip your piece up at 400bpm
Quote by jazz_rock_feel

what do you listen to?

electronic "music" or something right? pop?
Quote by ChucklesMginty
This is what happens when contemporary classical composers drop an electric guitar down a long flight of stairs:

FTFY
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

In my opinion!

He's right. You never do see Beethoven covering Malmsteen songs. Ludwig's a pussy.

This is a great post. Of course one genre of music has be the objective best, it's only logical. Of course Malmsteen is better than Beethoven.

Great trolling, but on behalf of your fellow metal fans: **** off. Even if this is a joke, you're making us all look like idiots. To clear things up - Malmsteen is a douche and MAB's haircut is totally stupid. There is no objective best kind of music (but if we had to choose one, it would probably be pop), and shred guitar is way easier than classical - I've played both.

For some reason, I came across this article and it uses the same logic you do, just for a different genre. It made me smile.
http://topekasnews.com/final-proof-one-direction-is-better-band-than-the-beatles/
Israel is a terrorist state.
Last edited by JD Close at May 23, 2014,
Quote by ProgFripp74
Also neo-classical metal is probably the genre of metal which is the least creative and most repetitive, I think classical composers are turning in their grave at the thought that you compared their music to malmsteen or Paul Gilbert, you should be ashamed TS, ashamed.

May the Gods forgive me!!!

Quote by SkepsisMetal
Most definitely.
Just think how much more renowned Mozart and Beethoven would be if they had just looked at the orchestra set behind them and thought, y'know this is really lacking a big wall of Marshall MGs.That riot after Stravinsky unveiled The Rite of Spring? Not enough shredding bro. You can't call yourself a classical musician until you can rip your piece up at 400bpm.

^This really made my day!
Quote by lolmnt
Yes. Metal is the new classical.

Oh, you.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Jmoarguitar
If they were alive today they'd listen to Bruce Springsteen

If they were alive they would be listening to the smashing pumpkins and they would colab together.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

In my opinion!

kek
Nice trolling. I think they would be more interested with jazz, ragtime, movie scores, blues, rock'n'roll and classic rock.

And people writing "metal is new classical" should educate yourselves. People are still composing chorals, chamber orchestra works etc. It is just not mainstream, like classical music years ago.
Poor people prefered something more like folk music, simple pop songs with funny lyrics or opera buffo (Mozart famous Magic Flute opera was buffo). Orchestra music was rather for rich people who could afford expensive tickets and had high social status - so mostly kings and nobles.
You know, classical metal has nothing to do with classical music.
Contemporary classical has.

Now listen to a contemporary classical piece and tell me if you find any resemblance.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by GameSkate
I think they would be more interested with jazz, ragtime, movie scores, blues, rock'n'roll and classic rock.

Why would you think that?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Why would you think that?

Because they're more sonically pleasing.

Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Quote by Ziphoblat
Because they're more sonically pleasing.

jazz sounds like dying geese tho

But I'm genuinely curious to hear that guy's reasoning, so please go sit in the corner.
Last edited by theogonia777 at May 23, 2014,
If like mozart and bach and that were alive they'd prob be chilling with me and snazz real talk do you think they'd still be pissing around with real instruments? that's a bit insulting of you guys to think that
Quote by GameSkate
And people writing "metal is new classical" should educate yourselves. People are still composing chorals, chamber orchestra works etc. It is just not mainstream, like classical music years ago.

The only idiots who think "metal is the new classical" are the 15 year old morons who want mommy & daddy to stop yelling at them for playing their music too loud.