I've been having this issue for a long time now, but never bothered with it. Today I just decided I should address it once and for all.

Every once in a while I have to raise the pickups on my PRS SE Singlecut because over time they progressively sink back into the body.

I use the pickups angled -- the bridge pickup higher on the DAE strings side, the neck pickup higher on the eBG strings side --, so the pickups stop sinking once the lower side in each pickup reaches a certain point.

I assume this isn't normal...
Does anyone know what might be wrong, and how to fix it?

Thank you for the help.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
No one had this issue before?
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Well; pickups - particularly Gibson-style humbuckers, which is what I suspect you have in your Singlecut, should not be "sinking" into the body of your guitar. The height should be relatively stable; the pickups held in place by the height adjusting screws and the springs around those screws. On many guitars, you can physically push the pickups down into the guitar body, but they should spring back to the previous height immediately after you release the pressure from your finger.

If your pickups are always sinking, then it sounds like there is a problem with the adjustment screws, or the springs, or perhaps the screw holes themselves. I would have them looked at. If it is a problem with the adjustment screws - perhaps they are stripped or have worn threads - or with the springs, then it is a quick and very cheap fix. If it is the screw holes in the baseplate/mounting plate of the pickup - unlikely, but possible - then you might need a new set of baseplates, which can be a royal pain to find.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
To diagnose the issue, is it as simple as removing the pickup mounting rings (the frame) to look at the pickups cavities/routing?
I have to remove the height adjustment screws first, right? Or else the pickups will still be attached to the mounting ring...?

The pickups are the Singlecut stock ones, just like these:

I think it's weird to have an issue with all 4 adjustment screws/holes/springs at the same time.
It just occurred to me that maybe they forgot to put the springs in, since the screws work perfectly to adjust the height -- which probably wouldn't be the case if the screws or the screw holes themselves were stripped.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Have you tried just moderately pushing on your pups just to see if they give a little and then bounce back, which would indicate that the springs are fine. If anything just remove the pickups and have a look. It will not damage anything. If you remove the 4 screws holding the ring in then loosen the pickup adjustment screws a little the pickup should come right out. I believe that if the pups can be raised and lowered the issue is not with the spring, rather it could be with the hole or lack thereof that the adjustment screws are being held in. Hope this helps.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Pull the pickup rings (with pickups attached) and put some of that grey foam under the pickup. That'll help keep it pushed up.

Quote by bobafettacheese
Have you tried just moderately pushing on your pups just to see if they give a little and then bounce back, which would indicate that the springs are fine.

My pickups seem to be like the ones on dspellman's picture.

The springs are between the mounting ring and the bottom of the pickup. So, pushing on them from the front doesn't test the springs.

I've pushed them anyway, but they don't budge at all. They feel pretty solid.

Quote by bobafettacheese
If anything just remove the pickups and have a look.

I just removed the mounting rings to have a look, and everything seems to be perfectly fine -- screws, springs, holes...

I'm thinking that maybe the vibrations from playing are making the screws slowly turn, and after time it becomes noticeable.

Next time I restring the guitar I'll try dspellman's solution, putting some foam under the pickups.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112