Hello, my band has a gig in two weeks. we couldt practice much because of our jobs. we dont have enough material for 2h playing (thats our goal). We need about 5 more songs. Please sugjest me some simple songs that we can learn fast, expecialy the singer. they have to be easy to remember for the singer. genre is hard rock, heavy, punk, pop...
How/why did you get a gig when you know you don't have enough material? Two weeks won't be enough to memorize and rehearse 5 new songs, especially if you have a lot of work, not unless they are painfully simple songs.
Quote by kitarmen
Hello, my band has a gig in two weeks. we couldt practice much because of our jobs. we dont have enough material for 2h playing (thats our goal). We need about 5 more songs. Please sugjest me some simple songs that we can learn fast, expecialy the singer. they have to be easy to remember for the singer. genre is hard rock, heavy, punk, pop...

Gold On the ceiling - Black Keys
Lonely Boy - Black Keys
Down so long - Doors

They don't get any simpler than that.
Wild Thing
Cocaine
Red House
Gloria
Wipe Out

You can learn these in 5 minutes each and by definition they are not supposed to sound tight or precise.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at May 23, 2014,
Quote by ezkamenrider
Some Thin Lizzy, like Emerald, Massacre, Jailbreak, might be doable in that amount of time.

I used to do The Emerald with a band and there is no way you could make it good in two weeks. There are a lot of melodies and stuff going on, and the timing is odd if you don't already know the song. Jailbreak is doable maybe, and Massacre probably, too. Still, these songs are not going to be able to sound tight right out of the gate. Maybe something super simple, sort of crappy and dead easy like The Middle by Jimmy Eat World or some Green Day song.

I second Gloria, btw. Make that a heavy song.
Israel is a terrorist state.
RHCP, if you`re bassist can do it. (Under the Bridge and stuff)
Audioslave - Be Yourself
Seven Nation Army
Blur - Song 2
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters?
Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple (Solo can also just be improv. in Gm scale)
Smells Like Teen Spirit/Heart Shaped Box - Nirvana
Something from Foo Fighters
Blur - Song 2
Oasis - Wonderwall
G 'n R - Knocking on Heavens Door
Coldplay - Viva La Vida, Clocks, Politik
Spin Doctors - Two Princes
Franz Ferdinand - Take me Out
Daft Punk - Robot Rock (you could just repeat it for 4 hours)
Radiohead - Creep, Street Spirit (though difficult vocals)
Muse - Starlight
Lady GaGa - any of her hits
Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Follow You Into the Dark
System of a Down - Aerials (Dropped C)
Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name
QOTSA - No One Knows (C tuning and ca be tough)
Pearl Jam - Alive
Greenday - American Idiot
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
RHCP - Californication, Can't Stop
Black Keys - Lonely Boy
Liquido - Narcotic
Quote by MaXiMuse
Liquido - Narcotic

+1

In my prvious band, we used to switch instruments during Narcotic, since it's extremly simple to learn, but also really fun.

Also:
Green Day- Basket Case

Nirvana - Lithium

Semisonic - Closing Time (If you have somebody on keys. If you don't, then somebody else should be able to learn it. The melody is dead simple to learn)

Audioslave - Be Yourself
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural