I want one that will last a long time and one that is permanent, perferably not too expensive, and I don't care about looks/materials, just as long as it is durable, strong and reliable for a long period of time, and doesn't suffer the fate of this:

I've had the same "get 'm get 'm" strap for almost 15 years. I can't break it. I bought 2 more and I won't use any other strap.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/straps-strap-locks/getm-getm?isSuggestion=true

They start around $40.00, but honestly, if you want a strap that lasts, you have to pay more than $10.00 for it.

Also, yes I can endorse Levy's
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Last edited by ryanbwags at May 23, 2014,
Quote by jaybals
That pick is huuuge, i cant tell whats going on, could you resize it?

On a whim, Levy's straps are good.

Yeah, the pics are massive lol

Try scrolling out (cntrl + scrolling mouse wheel or cntrl + +/-)
DiMarzio ClipLock. Been using it for years and it's still like new. It's made of the same material as seatbelts and follows military specs. It will never, ever break!
All of my straps have real leather ends instead of cheezy faux leather fabric like that one. They cost more but are good for about 500 gigs and then I toss em.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Just buy a decent leather strap and stick straplocks on it. I like Schallers. I have been using them for 30 years. Use straplocks and that ^^ won't happen.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by JediArron
Yeah, the pics are massive lol

Try scrolling out (cntrl + scrolling mouse wheel or cntrl + +/-)

...said the man on his computer :P

But in all honesty it looks as though you've put that strap on and taken it off at least 100 times. Install strap locks and use a good quality strap*. Leave it on forever and it should last forever.

*Buy a comfortable leather strap.
Planet waves locking strap. They're all I use.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by wildozer
Leave it on forever

+1

I use one strap per guitar because I found taking them off and on killed the end bits.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've been using the same $15 Levis for like 10 years now

Just invest in a set of strap locks, and you'll never have this issue again. No matter how nice of a strap you by, its gonna stretch out like that after taking it on and off so many times.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Yep I haven't bought a new strap in 10+yrs. Straplocks are awesome
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Planet waves locking strap. They're all I use.

Do you still have to invest in screws with the Planet Waves Locking Straps?

Also, do you think that they will last forever, just like the other straps if you don't remove them?
Quote by JediArron
Do you still have to invest in screws with the Planet Waves Locking Straps?

Also, do you think that they will last forever, just like the other straps if you don't remove them?

Judging by the MF description, it sounds like it just fits over the existing strap buttons.

They look to be made of plastic at the ends, so I would guess that they would likely wear bigger after a decent amount of use, but I haven't tried one personally. Just makes sense to me, seems that the plastic lock would be constantly be rubbing against a much harder metal surface .

If it were me I spend a little extra to get a strap that doesn't look tacky as hell, and buy some dunlop/fender/whatever strap locks.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
Last edited by red.guitar at May 23, 2014,
Quote by red.guitar
Judging by the MF description, it sounds like it just fits over the existing strap buttons.

They look to be made of plastic at the ends, so I would guess that they would likely wear bigger after a decent amount of use, but I haven't tried one personally. Just makes sense to me, seems that the plastic lock would be constantly be rubbing against a much harder metal surface .

If it were me I spend a little extra to get a strap that doesn't look tacky as hell, and buy some dunlop/fender/whatever strap locks.

Thanks for the advise, I was heavily contemplating buying a white one of those.

Do you think you could find me a white, good quality guitar strap?

Bear in mind my guitar is only a B.C. Rich Virgin VG1, worth £200, so it's an entry guitar so I won't treat it to a £50 strap, but a nice quality one with strap locks I will buy.
Quote by JediArron
Thanks for the advise, I was heavily contemplating buying a white one of those.

Do you think you could find me a white, good quality guitar strap?

Bear in mind my guitar is only a B.C. Rich Virgin VG1, worth £200, so it's an entry guitar so I won't treat it to a £50 strap, but a nice quality one with strap locks I will buy.

Just go to the closest music store and find one you like??
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by red.guitar
Just go to the closest music store and find one you like??

I prefer to do stuff on eBay, easier.

I am not being lazy in terms of asking you, it's just that I'm the most inexperienced guitar player in the world, and almost anything that someone says to disagree with me I tend to listen.

I don't know which is good and bad, I thought the Planet Waves one was good until you said it might not be good for long term.. so...
Any Leather leavey's straps are good
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If you're going to be putting some legit strap locks (ie. Dunlop) on it, then it doesn't matter what kinda strap you get. Even if you bought the biggest piece of shit that you can find, It would take you years to wear through the shit fabric.

Like I said, I've been using a cheap ass $15 Levis fabric strap for the past 10+ years, and the thing is still in great shape. Some people just choose to spend more on expensive leather straps because they can be more comfortable, especially if you have back/shoulder problems. I'm fine with the way my strap feels, even bearing my solid mahogany LP, so I've never felt to need to drop any more cash on something more expensive or "better". Just search the bay, and find one that you like at a price that you like and buy it. I don't see a point of putting too much effort into finding a strap, unless like I said, you have back/shoulder issues.

To each his own.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
Ordered the white planetwabes one that has a strap lock for £10.75 thanks guys.

Made a new thread on the techniques sub-forum, you can follow my cluelessness live!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?