So recently I've started to have more effects pedals, and there may be a bit too many 9V batteries to tend to now and I'm looking to find a power supply, but the thing is I don't really know much about power supplies.
here are my current effects (in this order):

Cry baby GCB-95
MXR 108 fuzz
Boss PS-3
and soon I'm getting a TC electronic Ditto Looper (it doesn't have a battery compartment, which is partly why I'm looking for a power supply)

I believe all these pedals are 9V and center positive.

My plan is to get a Boss NS-2 noise suppressor, since it doubles as a power supply(correct me if I'm wrong), and daisy chain all my effects with it.
also, I know how to run the cables through the NS-2, so I'll be using it as both a power supply and . . . well, a noise suppressor.

does this sound good?
again, I don't know much about power supplies so apologies if I got something wrong.
Thanks!
For starters, they are all centre NEGATIVE.

You could just try daisy chaining them from one plug, i dont think the current draw for all that lot would exceed 500mA which a standard pedal adaptor runs at. You can buy a cable that you plug the adaptor into which then splits it into serveral seperate plugs such as the one below.

Alternatively you may want to get an isolated power supply if noise is an issue, For a pedal run that size have a look at the Fuel Tank Jr or (if youre in Europe) its Harley Benton equivelant from Thomann
Or get a pedal board with power supply built in and just connect them all.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SKBPS8?device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CPGN__SZwr4CFQqIfgodylEAHQ
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at May 23, 2014,
Quote by LivinJoke84
For starters, they are all centre NEGATIVE.

You could just try daisy chaining them from one plug, i dont think the current draw for all that lot would exceed 500mA which a standard pedal adaptor runs at. You can buy a cable that you plug the adaptor into which then splits it into serveral seperate plugs such as the one below.

sorry! and thanks for correcting; I meant they're all centre negative.

and thanks for the tip!

Quote by Cajundaddy
Or get a pedal board with power supply built in and just connect them all.

well I've thought about this, but I'm still not sure on what size do I need the pedalboard to be and etc. thought of just having a custom one built in the (distant) future. though also thanks for the tip!

well thanks for the recommendations guys! though what I said in the original post would also work, right?
Well the NS-2 doesnt act as a power supply per se, you just plug your NS-2 into the power socket and there is a "power out" socket on the pedal which allows you to daisy chain the rest of your pedal which is basically the same thing i suggested. The Boss TU-3 also has the function. The pedal isnt powering the others, the adaptor is, its the electricity is just going through the NS-2 first.

Basically, dont go buying the NS-2 for the sole purpose of powering your other pedals because you dont need to. I dare say with such a short pedal run an NS-2 would be a waste of money anyway
Quote by LivinJoke84
Well the NS-2 doesnt act as a power supply per se, you just plug your NS-2 into the power socket and there is a "power out" socket on the pedal which allows you to daisy chain the rest of your pedal which is basically the same thing i suggested. The Boss TU-3 also has the function. The pedal isnt powering the others, the adaptor is, its the electricity is just going through the NS-2 first.

Basically, dont go buying the NS-2 for the sole purpose of powering your other pedals because you dont need to. I dare say with such a short pedal run an NS-2 would be a waste of money anyway

okay. thank you so much for your replies!
Last edited by Bluebit at May 23, 2014,