I recently changed the strap pegs on my guitar for strap locks but now the actual screw securing the pegto the guitar doesn't stay securely in the hole. it looks as if the screw needs to be wider but if I do that then it will not fit through the hole on the peg.....does anybody have any idea how I can fix this issue?? Would super glue into the screw hole work to keep it secure or is that a bad idea?
INDIE SEMI HOLLOW DOUBLE CUT CUSTOM FOR SALE!!

IBANEZ S470 WITH MIRICLE MAN ADY SD JB PICK-UPS FOR SALE!!

PEAVEY VALVEKING 112 COMBO FOR SALE!!!

PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!
Did you use the screws that came with the straplock? You are going to have to drill the holes bigger if you haven't already. The straplock screws are usually a bit bigger and longer.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Jam the hole with toothpicks and the screw will stay. If not then toothpicks and wood glue (let dry overnight). It will be solid after that. Toothpicks are great for any screw holes stripped out in wood.
Sounds like you stripped the threads inside the body.

Do not use superglue.

The easy temp fix: split a toothpick into tiny strips and put one in the hole then see if that's enough to keep the screw tight. If one isn't enough, retry it with more strips until the screw tightens.

The proper way to do it: fill the hole with a wood filler, let it dry for at least 24hrs then redrill the hole.

And don't over tighten screws from now on, you big harry ape.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Last edited by Bertallica at May 23, 2014,
Are they Schallers? Schallers usually come with two sets of screws. Use the longer ones, they'll cut their way into fresh wood.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
great help guys. The the thread has gone on the wood. I'll try the toothpick and see how I get on with that.
INDIE SEMI HOLLOW DOUBLE CUT CUSTOM FOR SALE!!

IBANEZ S470 WITH MIRICLE MAN ADY SD JB PICK-UPS FOR SALE!!

PEAVEY VALVEKING 112 COMBO FOR SALE!!!

PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!