Poll: How does space make you feel?
Poll Options
View poll results: How does space make you feel?
Insignificant
17 19%
Inspired
36 41%
Humble
13 15%
:rasta:
22 25%
Voters: 88.
Page 1 of 3
When you look up at the stars and contemplate reality, does it trouble you or does it excite you? Why?

It's a little of both for me, but the troubling part isn't my insignificant existence, but the fact that I won't ever see any of the amazing things that are out there. Space is the coolest shit ever.
Check out my band Disturbed
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear.
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy,
Was he?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Space is very beautiful, and I love the fact that the light from all the stars that we see are all from vastly different times based on their distance from Earth. Even the Sun has an 8 minute lag.

That being said, while there is something fun about the retro-futuristic aesthetic space travel takes on, I don't feel the 'liberation' that others feel often times. Being in space seems entirely daunting, and at the end of the day is almost fetishistic in its focus of the 'inside' and constructed spaces. To be disbanded from the environment we evolved in and be sent off into the abyss, with no ability to survive after leaving the confines of some constructed shelter or suit, sounds incredibly claustrophobic.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Space is very beautiful, and I love the fact that the light from all the stars that we see are all from vastly different times based on their distance from Earth. Even the Sun has an 8 minute lag.

That being said, while there is something fun about the retro-futuristic aesthetic space travel takes on, I don't feel the 'liberation' that others feel often times. Being in space seems entirely daunting, and at the end of the day is almost fetishistic in its focus of the 'inside' and constructed spaces. To be disbanded from the environment we evolved in and be sent off into the abyss, with no ability to survive after leaving the confines of some constructed shelter or suit, sounds incredibly claustrophobic.

I can totally understand that. I think the concept itself is more appealing than the day-to-day reality of space-travel. Though I'd still do it in a heartbeat.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
I can totally understand that. I think the concept itself is more appealing than the day-to-day reality of space-travel. Though I'd still do it in a heartbeat.

I see the appeal; it just feels to sterile for me I think. I am pretty organic (I don't mean that in a 'sans pesticide' way.) I like wind and sun and flesh and dirt and plants and water. I like the sound of everything rustling.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Nature itself is pretty godly in it's awesomeness.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Hungry.

#Galactus
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
i feel like a tiny fraction of a microscopic piece of dust... oh wait.... That's what I am in this vastness that is the universe.

edit:

i lied, the universe actually makes me feel wet.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at May 23, 2014,
Quote by StewieSwan

It's a little of both for me, but the troubling part isn't my insignificant existence, but the fact that I won't ever see any of the amazing things that are out there. Space is the coolest shit ever.

I'm pretty sad that I'm gonna die in 50-60 years and miss all the shit that's going to happen. The sun's death, the collision of the Milkyway and Andromeda. I can't say I regret not being able to see the cold death of the universe, though.

But more often than not, when I think of space, my mind is boggled by its size. It is truly incomprehensible.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Bored. It's just black with some shiny shit sparkled here and there. I got a tv and computer why would i look at the sky like some homeless loser?
Quote by eGraham
I'm pretty sad that I'm gonna die in 50-60 years and miss all the shit that's going to happen. The sun's death, the collision of the Milkyway and Andromeda.

theres still time. only u can make ur dreams come tru brah
Why is there no poll option for all of the above?

Quote by StewieSwan

That about sums it up for me. Sometimes when I'm stargazing I like to imagine just how far away each star in a constellation is and what the night sky might look like from a planet floating around each one.

Edit:
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Nature itself is pretty godly in it's awesomeness.

This might make a pretty good tagline for pantheism.
Last edited by archangels at May 23, 2014,
The concept of infinity when applied to time is what really ****s my brain out of my head. Like, once you die...the rest of eternity will just go on. Its so ****ed up trying to comprehend things outside of your own existence.

Learning about space is coo' though. I'm particularly interested in the physics side of it all.
uncomfortable honestly.

Its a bit unsettling when you just stare at the moon, knowing it just floats there and its f.ucking enormous.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Makes me want to play Mass Effect.

Cuz that's the only way I'll ever be a badass space soldier.
Sail upon the open skies
Inspired. I like this stuff. It doesn't make me feel insignificant because I only view my 'significance' in relation to other humans. The only things scary about outer space are the numerous threats that can (and ultimately will) destroy the earth, but I'm not worried about that.
I just think everything about it is really really neat and I love learning about it and any advancements we have in regards to it
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Space is amazing.
Quote by chrisyoonyoon
where i'm from it's very different with emotionships
not even a single one remembered Dead Space and wished to "join the One in death"
Quote by angusfan16
Makes me want to play Mass Effect.

Cuz that's the only way I'll ever be a badass space soldier.

+105
nothing exciting ever happens when i look at it. all the exciting things i know about space were from pictures and tv. so when i look at it, i treat it like any other scenery, which is to sort of ignore it. unless i'm camping or something and have nothing to do, in which case i'd look at it like what it is, a black canvas over the earth, and not what we know of it through other people.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by archangels

This might make a pretty good tagline for pantheism.

I am a Pantheist.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
When I think of space, I get pretty sad to be honest. One of my biggest desires/dreams has always to be in space. Whether it's walking in the moon, or just chilling in a space suit, or whatever, it's just like, space is proper next level. Almost literally. The sad part is that I will probably never get to experience that.

I think it would be so cool to be in space when you die. To have your last view turn be looking at the globe of rock and water that you came from, and then turn around and look into the vast emptiness that you will soon be a part of...could anything be more overpowering than that moment?

Space man. Space.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
it's too complicated and messy.

mathematics is bigger, simpler, and much more beautiful
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Baby Joel

Space man. Space.

Quote by Eastwinn

#east
banned
fantastic, whatever I do here is irrelevant. all the stuff I worry about (bills, mails, bla bla bla) won't matter the slightest because we're all insignificant and irrelevant.

thank you universe.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Eastwinn

This is the worst and wrongest opinion I've ever seen
My God, it's full of stars!
Page 1 of 3