So a buddy of mine offered me a good deal on a Marshall MOSFET Lead 100. The thing's in pretty great condition, especially for the price, and I like the sound, so I'm thinking of jumping on it. The only question I've got, how's the volume going to be? I've never used one on-stage and while I wouldn't be totally put out if I got it and it wasn't doing it for me volume-wise(again, the price is great and I'd love to have another tone and texture available for recordings), just something I was wondering about. I can try it again with my friend but not really at stage volume(just not doable).
^^Oh I'm expecting the "herp derp get tubes!" crowd at any moment. I'm just surprised someone got in with useful info before that, so thank you. I do have tube amps in the arsenal but I really dug the sound of it when I jammed it at my buddy's place, but that was not super loud because obviously, noise constraints. Can't wait to pick it up and try it with my drummer.
Last edited by UnbrokenGlass at May 23, 2014,
I gigged with one in the 80's (with 2 4x10 cabs) and it was more than loud enough to be heard over a very heavy handed drummer, keys/rhythm guitar, vocals and a room/warehouse/yard full of drunks.
Last edited by CodeMonk at May 23, 2014,
if you have gigged any 100W amp, this should be just as loud. And by that I mean, that if you stand near it at near full power your ears may start to bleed. So its pretty loud.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by UnbrokenGlass
^^Oh I'm expecting the "herp derp get tubes!" crowd at any moment. I'm just surprised someone got in with useful info before that, so thank you. I do have tube amps in the arsenal but I really dug the sound of it when I jammed it at my buddy's place, but that was not super loud because obviously, noise constraints. Can't wait to pick it up and try it with my drummer.

congrats on the new amp bud

put up a video or something
banned
Quote by UnbrokenGlass

Well the Lead Mosfet was the best SS amp marshall ever made. And it sounds very similar to a JCM800, because it is a SS JCM800 circuit
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'm actually curious about those. I love tube amps, and I have one, but good quality (supposedly/hopefully) SS amps intrigue me. Let us know how it works out.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5