Where is the best place to buy one of these from? I'm looking specifically at the E-EX-110D model. I have found a couple on eBay and it appears they only come in either Cloudy Black or Nevada Brown. The pictures aren't great and don't really show what the finishes really look like imo.

If any of you have one or have experience buying this brand could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Also, are those the only two finishes available?
I bought mine from ishibashi in Japan. all went well, though that was several years ago so I dunno what they're like now.

yeah those appear to be the only colours, at least currently. http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/ex/E-EX-110D.html
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I bought mine from ishibashi in Japan. all went well, though that was several years ago so I dunno what they're like now.

I'm guessing it's going to be a different model # than 110D, but a very similar guitar. How do you like it? I've read multiple different things on youtube comparing them to original mx's and also gibson explorers.

I've heard the neck is thinner, the wood is softer making it more easily dented, and overall it is lighter than a normal explorer. I'm also wondering how the blackouts compare with the EMGs.
Oh no I just meant I got my edwards from japan. It's a les paul-style one. Sorry for the confusion.

I haven't tried blackouts, can't help you there either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Either patience with ebay, or contacting a European or Australian dealer. Unless you go to Tokyo yourself there's really no other way. Maybe of the other forums.,HC, ESP, rig talk, grail tone. Someone might have something you want for sale.
^ that's not true.

you can buy direct from japan by using rinkya.com, buyee.com, jauce.com or fromjapan.com.

i've used rinkya and jauce with good results.

they can do a store order or you can buy one off of the yahoo japan auctions.

or ishibashi or ikebe both ship internationally. shimamaru is supposed to be doing international orders as well.

pretty soon all the japan stores will be shipping internationally is my guess because japanese guitar makers don't care where you send their guitars.
Quote by gregs1020
^ that's not true.

you can buy direct from japan by using rinkya.com, buyee.com, jauce.com or fromjapan.com.

i've used rinkya and jauce with good results.

they can do a store order or you can buy one off of the yahoo japan auctions.

or ishibashi or ikebe both ship internationally. shimamaru is supposed to be doing international orders as well.

pretty soon all the japan stores will be shipping internationally is my guess because japanese guitar makers don't care where you send their guitars.

What about this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/380905260110?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Do you know anything about import tax? I'm wondering if it's included in the shipping price or if I'm going to have to pay extra if I buy this one.

ishibashimusic only has a cloudy black version up and I want Nevada Brown. I checked all the websites you listed and I couldn't seem to find the explorer I'm looking for. They did have a bunch of Edwards guitars though.
there's also digimart.net and j-guitar.com (i think that's j-guitar's addy) that have the guitars hanging in the shops. those are master sites that different stores list their used and new guitars on.

some of those shops ship international and some don't. if they don't, you can use rinkya or jauce to buy the guitar from the shop and pack/ship it to you by doing a "store order" from their site.

yes it could come to you with duties and taxes due, which are about 5% last time i actually had to pay it. most times i haven't been hit but i don't use ebay for guitar purchases. i buy from the places ebay sellers buy from.
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 25, 2014,
Quote by gregs1020
there's also digimart.net and j-guitar.com (i think that's j-guitar's addy) that have the guitars hanging in the shops. those are master sites that different stores list their used and new guitars on.

some of those shops ship international and some don't. if they don't, you can use rinkya or jauce to buy the guitar from the shop and pack/ship it to you by doing a "store order" from their site.

yes it could come to you with duties and taxes due, which are about 5% last time i actually had to pay it. most times i haven't been hit but i don't use ebay for guitar purchases. i buy from the places ebay sellers buy from.

Those websites had the guitar I'm looking for, thanks. I've emailed a couple of places and I'm hoping they will ship international. The prices are a lot lower too, but I'm sure they'll tack on for shipping and stuff.
I don't know what USA charges are (listen to greg, he's done it before), but you have to assume you'll be hit for customs and sales tax (if applicable where you are) etc., whatever that amount is in your country/state.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
shipping from japan to the US is about $150 usually. it may be more as that guitar is a bit larger than the strats/lp's i've brought over. so maybe $170-180 by EMS?

i've read the US duties/taxes were both 7.5 and 8% searching different sites, i think my "V" was about 5 but i could be wrong. it may have been 7 or 8%. it wasn't astronomical like the EU guys get hit with though i remember that. and with the discounted rate i paid for the guitar it still kept the cost reasonable overall imo.

good luck, let us know how it goes.
Yeah in the EU it varies by country but (I think) legally any EU country isn't allowed a VAT (sales tax basically) rate of less than 15% (to prevent "beggar thy neighbour" policies of undercutting neighbouring countries' rates to get more sales, I guess), so anything you import from outside the EU is hit with that at least, and normally some customs charges too of a few percent. And that's normally charged on the postage fee too.

Basically they want you to buy from your own country. Or at least another EU country. But sometimes you can still end up ahead, if the product is much dearer where you live.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 26, 2014,
Well, I was contacted back and referred to rakuten.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/chuya-online/item/27468/

I contacted them about ordering and unfortunately, they're on back stock until mid June. I'm debating whether or not to just buy the one off of eBay from yasoomusic. I only figured about $130-$140 shipping because that's what the eBay sellers list, but I won't know until they are back in stock.

Is any type of sales tax tacked on, or is it already included in the price? If it is tacked on as well as the duty and shipping, it might make more sense to just buy from eBay. If not, it is still worth it to wait for this one. I figure around $1085 with shipping and the duty. The ebay stores cost about $1185.

Edit- And I'm not too sure the eBay price includes the duty.
Last edited by AtomicFire7 at May 26, 2014,
I'm not sure. I'd assume it's not unless it says for sure it is (I've seen the odd Ebay listing where it says customs fees etc. are included, but I've never bought a listing like that so )
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i doubt the ebay listing includes duties/taxes/vat/whatever. never seen that one before but i could be wrong.

and maybe shipping is around $140, that's about what a strat or lp would cost. i just thought if it was slightly bigger (body shape etc) it could cost a little more.

some stores charge local taxes on sales but technically i don't think they are supposed to if it's going out of japan. i know ishibashi doesn't, they list their guitars both with and without the japan taxes.
That might just be UK ebay. I'm sure I've seen things where it said it included UK customs and VAT.

For example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Charvel-So-Cal-Style-1-HH-Maple-Fingerboard-Candy-Apple-Blue-Electric-Guitar-/251494341345?pt=Guitar&hash=item3a8e3b1ae1

Scroll down to the postage bit, it lists the import charges. As I said, I've never bought from an Ebay auction where it included the charges, so I dunno how well it works, but it does seem to be a thing in at least some Ebay auctions on UK Ebay...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I only noticed it the other week when I was trawling through Ebay. Most auctions don't seem to offer it, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?