Went for a walk today and found this sweet guitar sitting on a trash can. Came back from my walk a few hours later and there it was, so I had to make it mine Had some sticker residue all over it but finally took care of it.

Anyways, I just started at a new well-paying job and will have an abundance of funds to invest in some new pickups, a soldering iron and whatever screws and knobs will be required to get this baby up and going again.

I haven't looked into new hardware in years since I haven't cared to modify my existing gear ever since. Now that I'm back in the market, I'm once again flustered with all the choices.

I'm looking for metal/rock pickups. Stuff that will handle high gain very well and articulate my notes properly. Passive pickups since there's no battery slot in the body. I'm also looking for a neck with a lot of crisp low end and a neck with rich highs whilst preserving the low.

I used to be interested in Dimarzio's way back when, but times have changed and I'm not interested in spending hours upon hours worth of homework. I want suggestions from your experience with whatever pickups you can recommend me and I'll be sure to make my choice based off your inputs.

tl;dr: I found a guitar and am going to giving it new pickups in the next few weeks. Bright pickups that will do great with metal/high gain playing. Neck pickups with crisp low end. Budget is up to 150/175, but would love to spend between 100-125

Thanks everyone! Cheers!
Attachments:
found guitar.gif
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
haha free? that's awesome

i dunno if they'd be under budget but i'm guessing a duncan distortion in the bridge and maybe a jazz in the neck would work.

for dimarzio i'm not sure about the bridge but an air norton probably in the neck.

there might be other better-value options in canada, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah taking a look at prices. So be it, I'm ready to drop 150-250 for some quality sound, Keep'em coming!

Thanks Dave, looking into them as we speak
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
I suggest you put a set of strings on it first to make sure the neck is not warped.

If all goes well there the Duncan HR set would be good for an all round set that does heavier styles fine
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ yeah and those duncan sets are a bit cheaper

good point about the neck
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah and those duncan sets are a bit cheaper

good point about the neck

TS may have gotten lucky, but someone threw it away for a reason and I wonder if it was just because of the pickups
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Some people think this pickup is too hot but I really like the Dimarzio X2N as a bridge pickup (passive). Chuck Schuldiner of Death and Michael Romeo of Symphony X have used it. I have it and have had it installed in my Ibanez (Basswood body) and it sounded really good for heavy tones. Bare Knuckle Pickups usually come in pairs. Maybe try some Black Hawks. One thing to note is that both of these have bar magnets as opposed to individual poles. This means the magnetic field is (more) uniform in the area of interest (i.e., where the strings are). This yields a more consistent sound although I think the difference is minimal. It's definitely more apparent on the thinner strings if anything.
Quote by Robbgnarly
TS may have gotten lucky, but someone threw it away for a reason and I wonder if it was just because of the pickups

yep
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I really dig the DiMarzio ToneZone in the bridge, ability to throw it out of phase in series, with neck pup
Dimarzio Dominions might be worth looking into. Similar-ish to a Duncan Distortion but with hex pole pieces. Not too hot but very capable of articulate metal.

As Dave_MC said, the Duncan Distortion/Jazz combo might also work well for you.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB