Long and annoying search has led me to these two amp heads.
Can pick up the JCA50 off thomann for new or a 2nd hand (the guy bought it new last year) Bugera for the same price as the JCA.

Current gear is in the sig below, I have an ISP decimator, a visual sounds OD and a MXR 10 band to help shape tone.

Styles of music I play is everything from clean/ska/pop punk to rock/alt rock to metal/metalcore/whatever the kids use these days.
Bands are anything from Reel Big Fish/Spunge to Foo Fighters/Alter Bridge to Parkway Drive/Metallica.

Im not after a master of one, im after a jack of all trades and my search has lead me to these two.

Been trying to sell my Valveking but no luck...

Any advice please guys.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I'd probably just upgrade the tubes and speaker in the Valveking tbh.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
THe Burgera 333XL was my favorite amp in terms of high gain. This was having owned some other more well known amps such as the 5150 and the Soldano Slo 100, and of course player others in studios Between those two the Bugera by far. My new favorite is the Splawn which I'd recommend saving fo instead . I dislike the valveking's tone.
You preferred the 333XL over a SLO? Can you please introduce me to your drug dealer?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You preferred the 333XL over a SLO? Can you please introduce me to your drug dealer?

This. So much this. I haven't even been in the presence of an SLO in my life yet and I know that it's one of the top 5 greatest tube amps ever.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by Cathbard

Have you played the Slo? Anyways that won't mean anything because it is indded an awesome beast either way. The Slo was awesome too, and it was hard to get it to sound bad even with Massive amounts of distortion. That being said, the opposite was true of the bugera, where it really had to be dialed in to get its godly tone, otherwise its muddy. Anyways, once I paired the amp with my Port City waves cab, the few awesome sounds I was able to get out of the bugera, were something I could not achieve with the Slo. Like that was 'the sound'. Huge sound with lots of oomph and clarity. The nitro however, takes that concept even farther than I have been able to achieve with any other amp. So yeah, I thought once I got the sound the bugera sounded better than the Soldano. It was my favorite amp for years. For me its not about which amp sounds good out of the box, but rather which amp gets me farther.

THose Port City Waves cabs are killer by the way. Highly recommend them. It improved my tone drastically in all my amps.
Last edited by nyandres at May 24, 2014,
Thats the thing though, Ive done everything to the VK and im still not happy with it.

Might get the Bugera then. Unless anyone can give me a reason not to.
And saving isnt really an option as my money is going towards a holiday, this is from selling bits of gear i dont really use anymore.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Yeah, man. I've played a SLO. Through Soldano cabs too. The Soldano cabs were awesome, I tried it through my 1960A and the Soldano kicked its arse, even the 2x12 one. No idea what speakers were in it, he wouldn't let me pull it apart.

^ There is a good reason not to buy the Bugera. They are as unreliable as everything else Behringer make.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at May 24, 2014,
Quote by Cathbard
Yeah, man. I've played a SLO. Through Soldano cabs too. The Soldano cabs were awesome, I tried it through my 1960A and the Soldano kicked its arse, even the 2x12 one. No idea what speakers were in it, he wouldn't let me pull it apart.

^ There is a good reason not to buy the Bugera. They are as unreliable as everything else Behringer make.

I gotta admit I did not have a Soldano cab... I tried it only with a B52 (awful cab), a Marshal cab, and Port City Wave.

I can't recommend Port City enough. Improved my tone immensely.
Everything sounded better through the Soldano cabs. I was very impressed by them. If only he'd let me pull it apart. The 2x12 was at my house for quite a while. I was really tempted.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I would say its a matter of you liked the flavor of the Bugeras better. They do sound good though, I'll give them that. You would've like a Peavey XXX even better I'd wager.

Port city is great stuff as well.

Carrot, I wouldn't chance the QC on a Bugeras. If you got a good one, such as the poster above, they're great. If not, well I hope you have fire insurance.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Get an old JSX.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The one i might be buying seems to be a pretty good one, the guy has been gigging with it since he bought it, just doesnt use it since he got his mesa.

I like the XXX too but I cant seem to find one in my budget.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
budgets only like £230
XXX and JSX seem to go for £500+ atm...

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
I think the JC would suit you perfect. Check out my profile for songs I recorded using it. I should have some new mixes back in the next few days of it running a little heavier, and getting some pretty sweet cleans.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Last edited by red.guitar at May 24, 2014,
Im all open for other suggestions but thats the best i can come up with and what ive seen on facebook pages/gumtree.

Im debating both hard, reading reviews and youtube and all that jazz too.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
The problem with reviews on cheap amps is that most of them are done by broke arse kids. They aren't worth reading.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by nyandres
THe Burgera 333XL was my favorite amp in terms of high gain. This was having owned some other more well known amps such as the 5150 and the Soldano Slo 100, and of course player others in studios Between those two the Bugera by far. My new favorite is the Splawn which I'd recommend saving fo instead . I dislike the valveking's tone.

2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

That earring just completes that masterpiece
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by Robbgnarly

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Soooooooo Jet City then?

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
Soooooooo Jet City then?

Yeah, That is what I'd get. The Jet City has a better build quality.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Why not just get a Line 6 POD HD and run it into the return on your VK?

Or eve a decent amp like a Vetta, or even a Flextone? Vypyr Tube?

I mean, if you actually want a jack of all trades...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I would still insist on the JSX. The Bugera kills the Jet City in my opinion tonewise. The JSX is to me Bugera like, and with super reliability. (Or maybe backwards the Bugera is like the JSX without that peavey build)

An used JSX should be in that budget. If its for home practice and recording only however, the POD HD is also a good idea. But for live the JSX really nails it. And Peavey has like the best build quality in the business, so its safe to get it used
Last edited by nyandres at May 26, 2014,
The Pod stuff ive never really liked. Digital sound never clicked with me. I like to keep things simple and not have to sit there for hours going through all the settings and stuff to get my sound.
I will be gigging with this rig too.

The JSX/XXX is still way out of budget even used. Seen a couple for £400+ my budget is half that really.
I do have other things money needs to be spent on first.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
The Jet City doesn't have a whole lot of range IMO. It does a heavy crunch, and a heavier, more saturated crunch very well, but that's it. The cleans and lower gain settings are really lacking, and the OD. Channel gets muddy and unwieldy pretty early on the gain knob.
Quote by patriotplayer90
The Jet City doesn't have a whole lot of range IMO. It does a heavy crunch, and a heavier, more saturated crunch very well, but that's it. The cleans and lower gain settings are really lacking, and the OD. Channel gets muddy and unwieldy pretty early on the gain knob.

Just listen to "Sinking" on my profile. If you dial it in right, you can get a great clean tone out of the JCA50H anyways. I haven't had any issues with the cleans

I just keep the pre-gain on about 2ish, then turn up the master to where I need it (around 6ish for band practice). It's no fender clean, but I think it very usable, and not bad sounding.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
Last edited by red.guitar at May 27, 2014,
I quite like that clean sound. Ive got a chorus and a delay pedal too to help it a bit if needs be.
Ive owned a 5150ii in the past and, well. We know thats a fantastic clean channel...

Just waiting for someone to buy my Valveking then I can safely buy the JCA50.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
just bear in mind the loop is a bit weird on the jca. there's a list of pedals which are known to work in the loop here: http://www.guitarampboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1615

though if you were just using them for cleans you could run them in front fine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm not registered there, someone on here (Flux'd maybe? I forget) linked to it in another jet city thread and I just bookmarked it for future use

Anywhere I am registered I'm normally Dave_Mc (sometimes with capitals, sometimes without), apart from HC where someone had already taken it and I'm Dave_Mc_2 (I think, I haven't been there in a while ).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 28, 2014,
Quote by Dave_Mc
I'm not registered there, someone on here (Flux'd maybe? I forget) linked to it in another jet city thread and I just bookmarked it for future use

Anywhere I am registered I'm normally Dave_Mc (sometimes with capitals, sometimes without), apart from HC where someone had already taken it and I'm Dave_Mc_2 (I think, I haven't been there in a while ).

I thought I read that other than the early run of Jet City amps, the effects loops had been adjusted to drive level. This was directly off of their FB page, though others have more experience with the amp than myself.
I have no idea. I've heard that they moved it for the 22H head, but
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Someone buy my valveking so i can buy a JCA and test this theory..

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals