Page 1 of 2
Don't get me wrong, I like a drink whenever there's a REASON to celebrate something.

But lately, shit, I see all these people ruining their lives with alcohol and it makes me wanna not touch that shit ever again.

My friends can be split into two groups: the drinkers and the non-drinkers.

The drinkers go out all the time, are skint, have stories about being drunk, and talk a load of shite about things they want to do, but never get around to doing.

The non-drinkers stay in, play video games, are generally cool but geeky, yet not exactly the risk-taker type.

Then I meet older people who are drinkers, or have been drinkers their entire life, and they've squandered whatever potential they had or spent their last years with little dignity.

Also, why does it seem like the only fun thing people know how to do is to drink?

Anyone else in this predicament?
My father used to. In less than a month it will be 4 years since he died.
Obv.
No
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I get physically sick from alcohol and about everytime I decide to stop drinking for a few weeks. But I combine alcohol with staying inside and playing videogames.

Still love the taste and feeling. Sweet sweet warmth.
Quote by captainsnazz

Probably half of my mates have lives that revolve around drinking
All my best ones don't tho

This quote could come directly from me.

Captain, we should be friends.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Don't get me wrong, I like a drink whenever there's a REASON to celebrate something.

But lately, shit, I see all these people ruining their lives with alcohol and it makes me wanna not touch that shit ever again.
I'll drink to that lel.

My friends can be split into two groups: the drinkers and the non-drinkers.

The drinkers go out all the time, are skint, have stories about being drunk, and talk a load of shite about things they want to do, but never get around to doing.

The non-drinkers stay in, play video games, are generally cool but geeky, yet not exactly the risk-taker type.
That's just like... your friends though. It hardly speaks for the rest of hunanity.

I just soo happen to fit the non drinker category while also being a drinker (not the way you describe them either).

Then I meet older people who are drinkers, or have been drinkers their entire life, and they've squandered whatever potential they had or spent their last years with little dignity.
Sounds about right. Though that's more of a psychological problem than an alcoholic problem. In other words, that's not the alcohol's fault.

Also, why does it seem like the only fun thing people know how to do is to drink?
Uhhh.... Because anything that might actually be more fun is either too expensive or can get you in trouble.

Also, it's more of a friends thing. Hangout out with friends is fun, and alcohol tends to make people (such as myself) more talkative. Am I proud of it? No. But it works for whatever reason. So like... why would that bother you? It shouldn't.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 24, 2014,
I've found myself drinking more now than I ever have, but it's only casually drinking a few beers a day. I've never been a big, big drinker. I have/had some pretty good friends who drink a lot, a lot being at least three times a week to me. The summer I first started hanging out with them was the heaviest I ever drank and it took a toll on me. Made me feel like shit because I get terrible hangovers and because there were a few times I can remember thinking how stupid it was to be drunk at that time and place.

I still drink and get drunk but not nearly as much. I'll be social and drink at parties and stuff but I don't get bombed too often anymore. Only at family parties or big celebrations, when it's appropriate
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
I drink to get a buzz but i stay away from it when I get super drunk.
I always end up in the shower with my clothes on when I get blackout drunk
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
I've found that I like most types of alcohol, but I just choose not to drink them, because I can get better tasting stuff that isn't alcoholic.

Ginger ale is the shit
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by Joshua Garcia

Uhhh.... Because anything that might actually be more fun is either too expensive or can get you in trouble.

Also, it's more of a friends thing. Hangout out with friends is fun, and alcohol tends to make people (such as myself) more talkative. Am I proud of it? No. But it works for whatever reason. So like... why would that bother you? It shouldn't.

I disagree. Going to a pub will cost you about 3 quid per pint. If you stay home, I think the cheapest is 6 or 7 quid per six pack. I know other countries pay even more for booze.

It doesn't bother me if they do it, it just bothers me in the extent of how many people rely on it.
Quote by Philip_pepper
I disagree. Going to a pub will cost you about 3 quid per pint. If you stay home, I think the cheapest is 6 or 7 quid per six pack. I know other countries pay even more for booze.

It doesn't bother me if they do it, it just bothers me in the extent of how many people rely on it.

You saying drinking at a bar/pub is cheaper than drinking at home? I need to move to Scotland
idk, I'm reconsidering my relationship with alcohol atm. Never sure how much I get out of it in exchange for the hangover and expense, etc. I don't drink at home anymore, which was just a basic necessary thing. Don't think I'd go teetotal, mind.
It makes my experiences more fun, so why wouldn't I drink? As long as it isn't getting in the way of more important things in life, I'm gonna keep doing it.
Quote by bifteksupernova
You saying drinking at a bar/pub is cheaper than drinking at home? I need to move to Scotland

I smoke because it is cheaper.
Quote by Philip_pepper

I wasn't really comparing it to staging at home. I had things like vacationing or skydiving or things like that in mind. You can list things like general outdoor activities like sports or hiking or concerts, or just getting a rush in general, but that's more of a similar interest/hobby thing among a group of friends, whereas drinking isn't as restricted to certain groups/individuals (for reasons mentioned in previous comment). Which is exactly the reason you see soo many people.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 24, 2014,
Quote by bifteksupernova

That wouldn't surprised me of Scotland, or Ireland

I didn't get tired of alcohol, but get tired of some people when they're drunk.

I was in a group of people that we went out every day we could and get pissed, but after a while I started to notice some things that I didn't like, so I stop hanging out with them.

As I see it, I don't think that alcohol it's a problem, the problem it's how you handle alcohol. I won't get drunk if I have to do some serious stuff the day after.
tl;dr

but yes, I grow tired of alcohol

it's always the first thing people resort to when, I think, it should be the last

(that is for both enjoyment and as an emotional crutch)
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I smoke because it is cheaper.

I smoke because it's cooler than alcohol and makes me feel gooder than drunk
Well, I and my friends just use alcohol as any other kind of drug. Use it recreationally when you want to get wasted and have some fun in a social setting (e.g party).
I don't use it at any other time, because I don't see the point to do so (maybe drink some wine for health benefits I guess....but meh cba to do it).
I use it as a recreational drug (which it is), and treat it as such, but also treat it knowing it can potentially be addicting. I.e, I think I could notice when I could start craving it in the future in a non-recreational setting, and be wary of that. I think people that ruin their lives fail to notice it when that time comes.
No, I have self control and other responsibilities and hobbies.
My God, it's full of stars!
I say I'm sick of alcohol all the time. Then I have a drink and love it again. If I ever started having health issues and had to stop I could. It would suck but I'd still be able to do everything I do not drinking. Same with tobacco(though I hardly use it anymore), and weed(though only reason I'd ever stop would be money/legal issues). I take breaks all the time but as long and my body isn't at risk there's no reason for me to not drink.
Nah. I enjoy alcohol, but my life doesn't revolve around it so I'm coo.
Quote by CorrosionMedia
It once took me 3 hours to finish a can.
I'm not a drinker.

Well, beer is bad anyway. If I drink it's always a cocktail of some sort.

I played beer pong for the first time like 2 months ago and about got sick.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
lol, this thread.

*pours self a drink*

I really did just pour myself a glass of whiskey.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
i'm confused, why can't you just have two or three slow drinks and call it a night like regular people
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by captainsnazz
I thought you were an american tho

#loadingmoreshots
#getmeanotherclip

Like you Brits have any room to talk.

Now...them Germans. They can talk. And drink. And drink and talk. All at once.
i just got some new whiskey stones and am pouring me a glass of whiskey right now

i dont usually get ****ed up actually havent gotten shitfaced in a looong time
but sometimes a nice glass at the end of the day of whiskey(occasionally tequila) is what you need
i think if all you do is drink youd be boring drinkers
me and my buds go drink after a gig or just to hang out but we also do fun things like rock climb and hike play some bbal or some viddea games which we occasionally do whilst drinking
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Like you Brits have any room to talk.

Huh? Brits drink a lot. And casually during the day. I admire that. The whole communal rounds thing...confuses me. So European.

Yes. Yes.

Drink, drink, drinkety drink.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Page 1 of 2