Hey everyone,
Some of you may have seen a thread of a guitar I restored that we believe is some sort of Tiesco.
Well today I thought I'd put some Dunlop Lemon Oil on the neck. It needed about 3 coats of the stuff! Thought some of you would be interested to see what happens when a guitar goes 40 odd years without any proper neck maintenance!
That's a huge difference. The rosewood was really dry! I use it every couple of months not only to for its health but to clean and the sweat and dirt I leave behind.
Quote by lec0rsaire
That's a huge difference. The rosewood was really dry! I use it every couple of months not only to for its health but to clean and the sweat and dirt I leave behind.

I honestly didn't think it was rosewood! It certainly needed it.
Its not a different neck, just majorly dried out wood. The things on the headstock are string trees the OP added thats all. Its amazing the difference, good job.
That is actually incredible. I thought you got a new neck as well at first! And I still sort of do :P
Note, too, that there's a difference in color reproduction between the two photos. As EddieHet slyly referred to, the image on the left is overall cyan, the one on the right is magenta (probably due to the addition of the light on the right). That's going to have an affect on the color of the fretboard (and the sheets) <G>.

Quote by EddieHet
You use it on the bed sheets too?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dspellman
Note, too, that there's a difference in color reproduction between the two photos. As EddieHet slyly referred to, the image on the left is overall cyan, the one on the right is magenta (probably due to the addition of the light on the right). That's going to have an affect on the color of the fretboard (and the sheets) <G>.

Yep I added string trees. They took a bit longer to arrive from eBay.
The difference in light is due to time of day
Quote by RBM01991
Good lord I thought that was a maple board

Me to!!

The markers were always there. I was considering buying some of those dot decals to cover them up. It's just because the dots are white and the neck was so dry!