Page 1 of 4
Sure you guys have all seen the virgin gun murderer who shot/stabbed 6 women for being a virgin at age 22 and saying that girls owed him sex. Guy was clearly pretty unstable mentally and apparently had aspergers.

A lot of people on Twitter and Tumblr are saying this is indicative of a "rape culture" or a misogynist society and that all men are entitled to sex, using YouTube comments left on his video such as "Haha Feel sorry for this guy" and "That's what you get for not sleeping with him lol!. Also "he had a 140 page manifesto which detailed how he wanted to put women into concentration camps where he would starve most of them to death and use the rest to selectively breed, definitely a misogyny issue".

Quote by Tumblr
Now try and tell me women overreact and that we have nothing to be afraid of. There are people supporting what this guy did, he killed innocent people because women had rejected him, because he wasn’t popular, because he was a virgin at 22. People are making excuses for him and his actions, women are being told that murder is what they should expect when they reject unwanted sexual advances. I should not be afraid for my life because I say no.

Call me weird but I don't see this as only misogyny or hating women. The guy clearly hated women and felt wronged by them, but this is definitely more of a mental health issue. Or even a gun crime issue.

Anyway....is this indicative of a culture/society that is inherently misogynistic or is this an isolated incident of an insane person?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Yes. Sure, he clearly had some issues, but something has to trigger an outburst of violence like this, even in the mentally ill, and the evidence he left points firmly towards the misogyny that is unfortunately still a part of our culture.
yeah must be this "rape culture" i keep hearing about, that totally did it. not because he's a complete psycho
I immediately stop listening to anybody who uses the phrase "rape culture".
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
The dude seemed to be driven by his enormously huge ego. But yeah, we're all ****ed up in some way, some of us more than others.
Duh.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
He was a complete fucking wrong 'un. That's what caused it.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
No, the only people who are allowed to be discriminated against now and there be no reaction are white, heterosexual men.
how does it matter what society we live in? we all look at it differently anyways.. that guy must have seen the worst in it
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
No, the only people who are allowed to be discriminated against now and there be no reaction are white, heterosexual men.

Yeah this.
There is absolutely no question that we live in a patriarchal, misogynistic society.
Quote by vince1991
how does it matter what society we live in?

It matters when society collectively treats certain groups of people differently based upon mass ignorance and/or intolerance. The fact that people exist who have never even really thought about mainstream culture's attitude towards women shows how accepted and normalized the problem has become.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
The guy was a nut. Dozens of killers have had the same motives (bad experiences with women, etc.), and i think the only thing that makes this guy different is that the ins and outs (no pun intended) of the story are more public. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that his bad experiences with women justified his rampage at all.

I find that people (on the internet especially) either take sexism incredibly seriously, to the point where they assume that all men are racists/murderers, or people don't take sexism seriously at all and troll people just because they can get an instant reaction.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I really don't see how people can link this event to a general male view of women...
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by donender
Dozens of killers have had the same motives (bad experiences with women, etc.)

Great, so there's a trend.

I wonder where he go his idea that women owe him sex?
Quote by Neo Evil11
I really don't see how people can link this event to a general male view of women...

Neither can I It's so weird and so obvious he is not representative of the male population in general.

Just as men are apparently conditioned from birth to be rapists, women seem to be conditioned from Tumblr to become man-haters.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
wow, are people really saying that? i don't really care if they want to argue that there are pockets of misogynistic culture (i don't know where they live), but to use this nutcase as an opportunity to talk about that is just rich.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Neither can I It's so weird and so obvious he is not representative of the male population in general.

Just as men are apparently conditioned from birth to be rapists, women seem to be conditioned from Tumblr to become man-haters.

Some people hold to their beliefs that they will use anything they can as ammo, no matter how absurd

Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
wow, are people really saying that? i don't really care if they want to argue that there are pockets of misogynistic culture (i don't know where they live), but to use this nutcase as an opportunity to talk about that is just rich.

Welcome to tumblr, where everything is literally raping and oppressing women
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Last edited by Bladez22 at May 25, 2014,
Quote by EndTheRapture51

YOU are the one that created this thread and suggested the link in the first place. So you saw some extreme feminists somewhere on the internet using this as an opportunity to further their cause. Where did this occur? How large is this community? Why didn't you respond to them wherever you happened to see the comments, instead of coming to a completely unrelated site and making a thread that is intended as a direct counterpoint to views nobody in this community has expressed? What purpose does that serve?

You are using this opportunity to dismiss an entire community's viewpoints based on a single isolated incident, and it comes off as though you created this thread so that a bunch of people could pat you on the back and say "yeah man, you're right! Those women sure are dumb!"
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by lolmnt
Duh.

i'd write something out here but citing you is just so much more effective&simple

Is this crime a symptom of mysoginistic culture? I don't think so.
Check out my band Disturbed
Q:
Quote by MakinLattes
Why are you guys so offended by people pointing out this kid's misogyny?

A:
Quote by StewieSwan
Is this crime a symptom of mysoginistic culture? I don't think so.

it's really just about the association that SOME people are gonna run with
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
That isn't an answer to my question. I mean, he even asked his own question that he responded to.
Quote by MakinLattes
Why are you guys so offended by people pointing out this kid's misogyny?

i'm not, i'm offended by tumblr feminists who paint the entire male populace with the same brush
Quote by Elliot Rodger's manifesto
The ultimate evil behind sexuality is the human female. They are the main instigators of sex. Theycontrol which men get it and which men don’t.

Women are flawed creatures, and my mistreatment at their hands has made me realize this sad truth. There is something very twisted and wrong with the way their brains are wired. They think like beasts, and in truth, they are beasts. Women are incapable of having morals or thinking rationally. They are completely controlled by their depraved emotions and vile sexual impulses. Because of this, the men who do get to experience the pleasures of sex and the privilege of breeding are the men who women are sexually attracted to… the stupid, degenerate, obnoxious men. I have observed this all my life. The most beautiful of women choose to mate with the most brutal of men, instead of magnificent gentlemen like myself. Women should not have the right to choose who to mate and breed with. That decision should be made for them by rational men of intelligence. If women continue to have rights, they will only hinder the advancement of the human race by breeding with degenerate men and creating stupid, degenerate offspring. This will cause humanity to become even more depraved with each generation. Women have more power in human society than they deserve, all because of sex. There is no creature more evil and depraved than the human female.

Women are like a plague. They don’t deserve to have any rights. Their wickedness must be contained in order prevent future generations from falling to degeneracy. Women are vicious, evil, barbaric animals, and they need to be treated as such.
Where do you all think he got these viewpoints from? No doubt he was narcissistic and sociopathic to some degree, but to attribute the entire incident to those things without considering how his opinions developed is dismissive and irresponsible.

Also, have you not ever seen anyone else make comments similar to some of this stuff?
Quote by So-Cal
i'm not, i'm offended by tumblr feminists who paint the entire male populace with the same brush

So just do the exact same thing to all feminists then I guess.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by So-Cal

I'm more offended by the guy who murdered a bunch of people. Isn't that the issue here, the dead people, not the silly teenagers with internet access, no audience, and a fragile understanding of the world?
Quote by GodofCheesecake

i will and that's the reason i think feminism does more harm to its own cause than good
Quote by MakinLattes
I'm more offended by the guy who murdered a bunch of people. Isn't that the issue here, the dead people, not the silly teenagers with internet access, no audience, and a fragile understanding of the world?

Why would you be offended...
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Why would you be offended...

I'm taking a radical anti-death stand.

Also, in case the language was unclear, I'm not saying I'm offended. I'm saying I'm comparatively offended by such behavior.
Last edited by MakinLattes at May 25, 2014,
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Where do you all think he got these viewpoints from? No doubt he was narcissistic and sociopathic to some degree, but to attribute the entire incident to those things without considering how his opinions developed is dismissive and irresponsible.

Also, have you not ever seen anyone else make comments similar to some of this stuff?

I have not seen anything like that, apart from obvious troll comments trying to piss people off
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by GodofCheesecake

To some degree? Dude thought he was a god. That's way beyond narcissism...
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by So-Cal
i will and that's the reason i think feminism does more harm to its own cause than good

....because of the way YOU choose to interpret it?
Quote by StewieSwan
To some degree? Dude thought he was a god. That's way beyond narcissism...
okay he was very narcissistic, that's obviously not my point.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
Q:

A:

it's really just about the association that SOME people are gonna run with

lol fail you can't answer a question with another question.
Page 1 of 4