Hey guys. I'd like to put a FULL humbucker in the bridge position of my '13 Fender American Standard Strat. Would this require cutting away at the body? I would have it done at a shop or by a luthier. What does something like this generally cost?
No cutting needed but you will need a new pick guard
You may also want to change pots and also have the hum bucket in a ring like this

Allparts will have the pick guards, pots etc. it's an easy job but if you don't already own an iron and cannot solder take it to a shop or a local tech, it won't be expensive to fit. My local shop would match the online pup price and fit for free if I asked them (I DIY)
Quote by KingChris90
I think your strat is routed for humbuckers. Just remove the pickguard and have a peek.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yes your strat has a rear route for a humbucker. as others have saidyou can just get a new pickguard and you are good to go.